Chapter 20

Ciara's POV
Merle came to switch shifts with me, so it was him and Daryl watching the barn. I was trying to think of something to do but all that I could manage to think of was that Daryl told me he loved me. I was so sure he was gonna be mad when I let the L word slip, but his reaction was the complete opposite of what I thought he would do.

I heard footsteps coming towards me and I looked up to see Glenn with a bunch of gooey crap in his hair. "What the hell is in your hair?" I asked as he sat beside me.

"Maggie's won't talk to me, she's mad because I told you guys about the barn." he sighed. "Oh and it's egg."

"Just wait here," I told him. I grabbed a bucket and went over to the well to get some water. On the way back I grabbed a rag out of my backpack and made my way to Glenn. "Sit on the ground," I told him.

He didn't say anything just got off of the log and sat on the ground. I went to where he was sitting before and dunked the rag in the bucket. We were silent as I washed his hair, enjoying the peace. "She'll forgive you Glenn, just give her time."

He sighed, "I sure hope so."

I patted his shoulder. "There, all done."

He ran his hand through his hair, "Thanks."

I nodded, "It's nothing."

I grabbed my rag and the clothes Daryl and I had thrown around the tent, we weren't really the neatest people in the world. As I was washing the clothes Rick and Shane passed me talking about Hershel and the barn.

"So how's it gonna be man?" Asked Shane. "Which way this thing gonna go?"

Rick sighed, "I don't know yet."

"Well what did he say?"

"We're negotiating Shane."

"Clocks ticking man." scoffed Shane. "That things a time bomb just waiting to go off."

"No, no it's not Shane. The barns secure, hell we didn't even know about it until this morning."

"Well we know about it now." said Shane motioning at the barn. "We know that there's over a dozen walkers in there right now. We know that it's about a stones throw from our camp, where we sleep Rick. So if we're not gonna clear it out, we may as well just go."

Rick huffed, "We're not gonna clear it out and we're not gonna go!"

"We just need our guns," Shane grumbled.

"We can't have our guns out here!"

Shane sighed. "I don't get why you wanna stay here when it's not safe man."

"We'll make it safe!" Rick yelled.

Shane laughed sarcastically. "And how we gonna do that man?"

"We will okay."

"And how we gonna do that?!" Shane yelled.

"I don't know!," Rick yelled. "But we'll figure it out!"

Shane glared. "Whatever man, not my problem, you're the one that chose to be leader."

"Ya I am, and I'm gonna work this out." Rick huffed and walked back to the house.

Shane rubbed his head and look in my direction, his eyes went big. "Um, I didn't know you were there." He said.

I shrugged, "It's fine. Hey you got any clothes to wash?"

"Ya I'll go get them," he took off to his and Elena's tent and came back with an huge pile of clothes. He threw them on the ground and sat beside me.

"What are you doing Shane?"

He gave me a look, "You don't think I'm gonna make you do all these on your own, do you? And besides guys can wash clothes too ya know, it's not just you women." I laughed and slapped him playfully. We'd been washing clothes for what felt like hours when we heard Merle yelling.

"SHANE GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW." Merle screamed. I looked at Shane, but he was already gone, running to the barn, me close behind. When the barn came into view we saw Daryl and Merle struggling to hold the doors shut. "GET THE GUNS AND EVERYONE THAT CAN SHOOT." Merle yelled.

"Go," I told Shane. "I'll help them." He nodded and ran to the RV to grab the guns, yelling at everyone along the way.

I ran to Merle and Daryl and helped them hold the doors shut. "What the hell happened!" I yelled at them.

Daryl huffed, "Tell ya later, we're a little busy." I rolled my eyes and heard Shane call my name. I turned to face him and he handed me a pistol, god this man was fast.

"Get back!" Shane yelled. The Dixon brothers and I ran to where Shane and everyone else was standing just as the first walkers came out, we raised our guns and started shooting. Herschel and his family had came outside now and were crying. This was their family, friends, and they had to watch every single one die over again. Daryl was beside me with a a shotgun, and Merle had a pistol like me. T-dog, Glenn, Elena, Shane and Rick were also shooting the walkers, Rick didn't have that happy of an expression on his face.

The shooting finally came to a stop and all we could hear were the tears of the Greene family. Dale came walking towards us with a horrified look on his face, probably wanting to see what all the gunfire was about. All of a sudden Beth ran forward, looking at the dead walkers, collapsing when she found her mother. "Mom." she cried flipping over the body. In a second her mothers arms were reaching at her, trying to take a bite. Everyone ran for her, Rick pulling Beth away, and T-dog shooting her mother in the head.

People started to slowly drift away, "I'm gonna go see if there's anymore inside." I told Daryl. He nodded and I headed for the barn doors. I couldn't see anything inside, as I walked around a pile of hay, a pair of arms grabbed me and pulled me to the ground.

I let out a scream, "CIARA!" I heard Daryl yell. I could hear his footsteps, and all of a sudden the walker on top of me was gone. I looked over to see Daryl stomping it's head in, slowly I sat up pulling my knees to my chest and trying to control my breathing.

Daryl came and sat beside me and pulled me onto his lap. "Shhh," he whispered. "It's okay." I hadn't noticed I was crying until he started wiping away my tears. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tucked my head into the crook of his neck, breathing in his woodsy scent. "Ciara." he whispered. "We have to go." I didn't moved, he sighed and I felt my body being lifted up.

"What happened!?" I heard Merle ask, his hand resting on the back of my head. I still hadn't moved my body, it was like I was frozen.

"Walker jumped er." Daryl told him. "Think she's in shock, or somethin. I was gonna take her to our tent." All of a sudden we were moving again, Merle hadn't even tried to argue.

Daryl sat me down on our bed and tried to pull away, but I wouldn't let go. "Ciara..." He sighed.

"Don't leave me," I whispered. I felt his body lay beside me and I lifted my head to watch him.

"Never," he said kissing me slowly. He shifted his body so he was over top of me and started going lower.

I pushed him away, "Not now Dare." he sighed and rolled onto his side, pulling me against him.

"I want you off of my farm by tomorrow!" I heard Hershel yell, this was gonna be fun.
----------------------
I know this is a bit of a shorter chapter, I'm sorry. But thank you for over 1000 reads love you guys!