Chapter 22

(Image of Caesar above)
--------------------
Ciara's POV
I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything, my brother was here bleeding out right in front of me. He had a big gash in his thigh, and there was so much blood. "Patricia, prepare the bedroom for surgery!" I snapped out of my daze at Hershel's voice.

"Who the hell is that!" Yelled T-dog, pointing at my brother.

Merle snapped at him, "None of your business! Rick, Shane, help me carry him to the room."

And just like that they were gone, my legs all of a sudden felt weak and I fell to the ground. Before I hit the ground a pair of arms wrapped around me, holding me up. "Hey darlin, you alright?" Daryl asked, he hadn't seen my brother yet, he didn't know what was going on.

I turned and threw my hands around his neck and started sobbing, I didn't care what anyone thought. "They found him, he's alive!"

"Who? Who's alive?"

"Caesar." I managed to say.

He hugged me tighter. "Thats amazing Ciara, where is he?"

I coughed. "They're doing surgery on him. Cut his leg up pretty badly, I don't know what happened."

He gently rubbed my back, "Its gonna be okay Darlin. Your brother is one of the toughest guys I know, he'll be fine. Let's go find Merle, he probably knows what happened."

We walked through the house until we found Merle sitting on the couch in the living room, he had some blood on the bottom of his shirt and on his pants. He gave me a small smile, "Hey C, how you holding up?"

I shrugged and leaned into Daryl's side. "I've been better, is he okay?"

"He's fine, Hershel's stitching him up, should be up in a couple hours."

Daryl kissed my head quickly. "I'm gonna go huntin, stay with Merle or Elena, or somethin, I'll be back in a couple hours."

I nodded and kissed him on the lips. "Love you," I whispered so Merle couldn't hear. He just nodded, I knew he wouldn't do anything with Merle here.

"Hey Ciara," Merle started. "Uh, Daryl told me you heard us arguing yesterday. I didn't mean anything by it, just got cocky is all."

I sighed and sat down with him on the couch. "I know you didn't mean anything, but that doesn't mean I'm not pissed at you."

He nodded and threw a hand over the back of the couch, inviting me into his side. "Friendly, promise," he smirked.

Rolling my eyes, I curled into his side, laying my head on his shoulder. "I missed this, relaxing, you know."

Merle sighed, "Ya, I know." Merle rested his head on top of mine, and I soon heard his soft snores. I too had started to drift off, but snapped back when I heard arguing in the kitchen.

"We couldn't just leave him behind, that's her brother!" Rick yelled. "What did you expect me to do!"

"We don't know what kind of man he is Rick." argued Lori.

"What are we gonna do with him?" Asked T-dog.

By now I was standing in the entrance way to the kitchen, but no one had saw me yet. "You guys are treating him like he's a murder." I said, causing everyone to jump and look at me.

Lori sighed, "All I'm saying is, that people change."

I didn't get a chance to say anything back to her, because Herschel chose that moment to come into the kitchen. "I repaired his calf muscle as best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage. That man won't be on his feet for at least a week."