Chapter 10

Shane's POV
Everyone had gone inside besides me and Elena. Now that I wasn't focused on getting back in time to help Merle's girl, I could actually take in every detail about her.

She had dark brown hair that went past her shoulders. Her body looked so fragile, but something about her told me she could hold her self. Lastly I looked at her eyes, they were a dark green, almost like jade stones.

"Are you checking me out?" She said with a grin.

I quickly looked away. "I-uh...maybe." I said sheepishly.

She smiled at me, she had the most beautiful smile ever, it was almost as she'd forgot about the hell of a world we're in. "Your doing it again." she stayed still smiling.

"Doing what?" I muttered.

"Staring at me, you like what you see, or what?"

"You just got a pretty smile that's it." I could feel my face heating up.

"Ain't nothing pretty about me," she mumbled, her smile fading.

"Don't say that." I said. I gently grabbed her chin to make her look at me. "Your beautiful okay? That's what I think and you can't change it."

She blushed, "Thanks Shane. No ones ever said that before, or ever really cared." She looked sad, and it hurt me to see her like this.

"Well darling, I do."

She looked at me and smiled, "You sure we've never met before?"

I smiled, "Trust me we haven't, because if we did, I'd never forget that pretty face."

Elena burst out laughing, "So I guess you're the flirt of the group then."

"Only when they're as pretty as you," I said as I wrapped my arm over her shoulder.

She slapped my chest playfully, "God Shane, your so annoying." She was still laughing, and it was adorable.

"You've got a cute laugh darling." she rolled her eyes at me.

"What ever Shane," she said yawning. She scooted closer to me and put her head on my shoulder. I absentmindedly ran my finger through her hair causing her to burrow her head closer to my neck.

"Are you tired Elena?" She nodded yawning again, I could see her struggling to keep her eyes open. "You can sleep in my tent if you want."

She nodded, "What about my weapons though," she said pointing at her shotgun.

"I trust you," I said with a smirk, causing her to blush. "Just bring them with you though, you can put them in my tent."

She grabbed her shotgun and stood up and helped me limp to my tent, since I had screwed up my ankle getting out of the school. "Isn't this suppose to be the other way around?" She laughed.

I chuckled and nudged her with my shoulder, "Shut up darling."

When we got to my tent I let her go in first and zipped up the door. "Do you want to change your clothes." I asked. "You can wear mine if you want."

"If you don't mind." she said. I waved her off and tossed her a shirt. Before I grabbed her a pair of pants she cut me off, "Umm Shane," she said nervously. I looked at her, "I..uh don't really wear pants when I sleep." She was blushing now and was clearly nervous.

I raised my eyebrows and chuckled, "What ever floats your boat darling." I turned around to give her privacy. "We can go on a run to get you more clothes if you want." I said while she changed.

"What's wrong with my clothes!" She teased, throwing her shoe at me.

"Ow!" I laughed. "Nothing's wrong with your clothes. I just thought you might want more."

"Sure." she said. "It couldn't hurt." She crawled into the sleeping bag and turned her back towards me so I could change. I took off my shirt but left my pants on, I didn't think she'd be that comfortable with me in my boxers.

When I finished changing I got into the sleeping bag with her, since I only had one. She turned around to face me, god she was perfect.

"Why are you so beautiful?" I asked with a grin.

"What you jealous Walsh?" She said teasingly.

"Nope, I thought that one day I could be a male model with my great looks."

She dug her head into my shoulder and chuckled in my neck, giving me goosebumps. "Go to sleep Walsh."

I chuckled and hesitantly wrapped my arm over her back. When I did she curled into my chest placing her arms on my chest. "Goodnight Shane," she mumbled, half asleep.

I kissed her forehead, "Goodnight darling."
------------------------------------------------------------
This is just kind of a cute Shane/Elena filler, and just so you guys aren't confused Shane didn't kill Otis or Andrea in this story. He also never had the affair with Lori either, I kind of wanted to make him a better character, so I changed a few things. Thanks for 150 views, you guys rock!!