Chapter 34

Okay so update finally, yay! I know it's kind of shorter, but it's more of a filler chapter I guess. I just want to say thanks for getting me over 3K views and everything. Going to dedicate this chapter to skittlesbun and her lovely stories!

Alex POV
I couldn't help but gawk at the place,, it was huge. All of the walls had guards stationed on them and were armed to the teeth with military equipment. Abraham talked to a guy at the gate who opened it for us after a few minutes.

"There are a few rules if you guys want to stay her," said Abraham as he lead us into the base. "Everyone will have to pitch in with work, we'll figure out jobs later. No stealing, fighting, all of that stuff." He turned to face us, "And if any of you try anything, don't think we won't put you down in an instant."

Rick nodded. "That's understandable, you said there were people here, where are they?"

"Most people stay in there rooms, where they work, or in the square." Rosita replied. "Now if you'll follow us, we'll show you your rooms."

Abraham opened a door to a building and inside it resembled some sort of dorm. "Two to a room, there's a single queen bed in each of them, so you'll have to share. Use electricity if you need it, showers work, but there isn't hot water."

Rick shook Abraham's hand. "Thank you, for everything, we haven't had a place like this in forever."

Abraham nodded. "It's not a problem, now I'll leave you to get settled. Rosita will find you later when it's time to eat." He gave us all a last look and walked out the door.

Glenn and Maggie walked into a room, same with Caesar and Kaelyn. Merle whispered something to Elena and she gave him a small smile, following him into a room. The people that were left were Rick, Carl, Michonne, Ciara, Daryl, and I.

I grabbed Carl's hand and pulled him towards a room. "What do you think you're doing?" Asked Daryl from behind me.

"Really dad?" I whined, turning to face them.

Ciara elbowed his side. "It's fine honey, go ahead."

Daryl sent Carl a look that would have killed, he shook his head and pulled Ciara into their room, slamming the door shut. "I don't think your dad likes me," muttered Carl as we walked into our room.

I threw my bag on the floor and jumped onto the bed. "He'll loosen up, he's just nervous is all."

I felt Carl sit down on the edge of the bed, I lifted my head to see him smirking at me. "Why would he be nervous?"

"You're taking his little girl away from him." Carl looked shocked at my answer.

Soon he smiled and laid down beside me, I curled into his chest when he wrapped his arms around me. "What do you think about this place?"

I pecked him on the lips and smiled. "I don't know, but I hope it's good enough for us to make a life here."

Carl smiled at me. "I think we're safe here, and if not, we'll figure it out, we always do."

Daryl's POV
I pulled Ciara into the room and slammed the door behind us. "Why are you being such an ass to her?" Ciara asked me.

I ignored her and threw my stuff beside the bed and looked around the room. Beside the bed was a simple side table that had a lamp on it, a dresser, and a door that lead to a bathroom. "Daryl," Ciara said grabbing my hand.

I pulled my hand back and walked into the bathroom. "I'm taking a shower." I huffed, slamming the door behind me. I took my clothes off and got into the showers that was fairly big. Abraham was right about the water being colder, but I wasn't complaining.