Chapter 5

Merle's POV
"Merle?" A voice behind me asked.

I spun around to find the one person in the world that I was sure I would never see again. "Hey there baby brother." I said with a smirk.

Daryl's face was pale, almost like he'd seen a ghost. "Y-your alive? We thought you were dead man." It almost look like he was gonna cry.

"Come on baby brother you know nothin can kill Merle but Merle. Don't be a pussy and start crying on me now."

He scoffed. "How'd you even get off that roof anyways?"

"Well you remember Ciara, that 'bitch' that you just can't stand?" I asked.

"You telling me little Cici got you off that roof! Can't believe she was actually useful for once." he murmured, rolling his eyes.

"You better watch your mouth baby brother." I growled, "She's laying in that room there half dead. All because one of your guys shot her!"

His face dropped. "I..uh...I'm sorry man I didn't know." He went to put his hand on my shoulder. I slapped it away, "Why the hell would you care anyway. You never liked her in the first place."

"That doesn't mean I want to see her die man!" He yelled.

"Whatever, just leave me alone Daryl." he huffed and walked away, only to return a couple minutes later with a bottle of water and a rag.

As he raised the now wet rag to my face I growled at him, "I'm fine!"

Daryl looked at me with sympathy. "You can't see your self man." I just grumbled and let him clean off my face. When he was done I noticed the once white rag was now a bright scarlet.

"There's a shower upstairs if you want one, and I can get you a change of clothes too." I looked at him and nodded. He lead me upstairs to show me where the bathroom was.

"I'll just throw the clothes outside the door for when your done." He said turning to walk away.

"Daryl." he looked at me before I closed the door. "Thanks." he nodded at me and went downstairs.

When I got in the shower I realized how much I had missed the pleasure of it. After being in the shower for a while I got out, not wanting to get into shit for using up all the water. Outside the door were the clothes daryl promised me, a white wife beater, a tan button up shirt, and a pair of jeans. I still had my boots so I slipped those on too.

After I changed I went downstairs to go see Ciara. Surprisingly there was no one else in the house as far as I could tell. When I reached the doors I took a deep breath before entering.

When I opened the door the first thing I saw and smelled was blood. it was on the floor, the table, the bed, and it was all over her body as well. I sat in the chair beside her and graves the water on the side table. I poured some on a rag and started washing her face.

Once I was done I grabbed her hand and brought it to my lips. "You can make it princess, I know you can. you just gotta keep fighting. I-I need you, I know I never said that, but I truthfully need you right now." I put her hand back down and leaned back in the chair. After watching her for a few minutes my eyelids started getting heavy. No matter how hard I tried to stay awake I just couldn't, and I fell into a deep sleep.

Thanks for the 65 views!! I never thought this story would get that many reads.