Chapter 12

Ciara's POV
When I woke up I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my body. I looked up to see Merle fast asleep, lightly snoring. He looked so vulnerable, in a way it was kinda cute. I tried moving his arms off, but he just pulled me in closer. I sighed knowing I wasn't getting out anytime soon.

"Hmm...Ciara." Merle mumbled in his sleep. I smirked, oh this is going to be fun.

"Yes Merle?" I asked him.

"Don't leave me I need you." he mumbled, his hands moving to my lower back pulling me even closer. I could work with this.... I lowered my mouth to his neck and started kissing him.

He moaned and started stirring, he slowly opened up his eyes. "Ciara..what are you...." He mumbled half asleep. When he realized what I was doing his eyes shot open. "WHAT THE HELL CIARA!" He yelled rolling off the bed.

I started laughing, it hurt, but I didn't care. "That's not fucking funny Ciara!!" He yelled.

After I calmed down and stopped laughing I looked up at him. His face was bright red, and he looked somewhere in between angry and scared. "Come on Merle it was a joke." I said.

He smirked. "A joke eh?" He slowly walked towards me.

"Merle...what are you doing." I asked, scared of what he was about to do. He got onto the bed on all fours and put his hands on both sides of my head.

He leaned closer, his mouth right beside my ear. "I'll show you a joke princess." he whispered softly. he raised his head so his lips were inches away from mine.

My breath caught in my throat, and my heart sped faster. He closed his eyes and started to lean in, I closed my eyes and waited for him to kiss me. When he never did I opened my eyes to see Merle smirking at me trying to hold in his laugh.

"Fuck you Merle!" I yelled, playfully pushing him over onto the floor. Now he was laughing hard and grabbing his side. "You're such a dick." I said sitting up on my elbows.

"That's what ya get C." he said sitting up now. "How bout I go ask doc bout your shower now, eh?"

I grinned at him and nodded. When he left the room I collapsed back into the bed and sighed. Was he actually going to kiss me? He genuinely looked like he wanted to kiss me...but he didn't. I didn't know if I was sad that he didn't kiss me, hell I don't even know if I like him.

My train of thought was broken my Merle coming in the room, he looked nervous. "What's up Merle?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Doc said you can have that shower, you just gotta take it easy." he said scratching his neck.

"But......" I asked.

"But, he doesn't want you to take it alone." he mumbled, barely loud enough for me to hear.

"What are you saying Merle?"

He sighed, "Meaning he wanted someone helping you, that someone being me." He looked every where but at me.

"What's the matter with that Merle. It's not like you haven't seen me naked before." I said grinning. It was true he'd seen me naked before, not in a sexual way or anything. I was changing in his room and he walked in on me.

"That was one time." he mumbled, his face turning red.

"Come on Merle." I whined.

"Fine." he grumbled. "But no one, and I mean no one hears about this, especially Daryl."

"Deal." I said smiling. "Now help me outta this bed." Herschel must have took the iv out while I was sleeping, so all I had to do was attempt to stand up.