Chapter 26

Image of Kaelyn's outfit above
--------------------
Daryl's POV
We were surrounded, there was no escape. "Daryl," said Ciara. I looked over at her beside me, she was bleeding from a cut on her leg. "I'm not gonna make it, you have to go."

"No! I'm not leavin you again!" I shot a walker that was coming for me. There was a scream beside me and I turned to see a walker biting Ciara's shoulder. "NO!" I screamed.

I shot the walker and fell to where Ciara was bleeding to death. "No no no no, you can't die on me Ciara."

She smiled at me. "You have to do it Daryl, I don't want to be one of them."

I took a shaky breath and raised my pistol. "I love you." I said as I pulled the trigger.

I shot up in my bed with a gasp, my body was covered in sweat and I was struggling to breathe. These dreams happened almost every night, Ciara died and I couldn't save her. I felt something grab my arm and I jumped.

"It's just me Dare." I looked down to see Ciara looking at me with scared eyes.

I grabbed her face in between both of my hands and kissed her. "You're here, you're here." I mumbled as I kissed her.

She ran a hand over my cheek. "What happened Dare?"

I laid back down and turned so I was facing her. "I had a dream, you were there, but I couldn't save you."

She wrapped her arm over my side and pulled herself closer to me. "I'm here Daryl, I'm not leaving okay?"

I sighed and rested my face in her hair, breathing in her scent. "I love you darlin, more then you could ever know"

She kissed my head. "I know, I love you too. Just go back to sleep now."

***

I woke up again not that much later, I reached my hand across the bed for Ciara, but it was cold. I panicked and sat up in my bed, but sighed seeing her sitting at the end of the bed.

She gave me a sad look. "Sorry, couldn't sleep."

I got up and walked over to her, placing a gentle kiss on her lips. "Don't ever fucking do that again, you hear me?"

She smiled. "Yes sir, and put some clothes on."

I looked down to see I didn't have any clothes on. "There's always time for round two." I whispered, walking closer to her.

Ciara smiled and pushed me away. "Not now, Rick was here earlier, wanted to talk to you."

I groaned. "Shit, I forgot about that. We were suppose to go hunting today."

"It's fine, I'll just stay with Merle or someone."

I glared at her as I pulled my boxers on. "No fuckin way, you're coming with us. Besides it'll be easier with you're bow."

I reached down to grab my shirt and felt arms wrap around my stomach. "Over protective much?"

I pulled my shirt on and held her hands to my stomach and leaned into her. "I lost you once, I don't need to lose you again."

She sighed and ran her hands under my shirt, going over my stomach. "I'm sorry." she whispered.

I groaned as her hands went south to my hips, and spun around. "I thought you didn't want round two." I said cockily.

She grinned. "I don't, but you obviously do." she said pointing at my boxers.

"Shut up," I mumbled pulling up my jeans. "You're such a tease."