Chapter 11

Ciara's POV
I woke up to a great pain in my stomach, then it came to me, I'd gotten shot. I groaned and turned my head to the side, standing there was an older looking guy smiling at me. "How you feeling sweetheart?" He asked.

I groaned again, "Like shit, who are you?"

He chuckled, "That's normal since we just finished surgery on you about an hour ago. And to answer your question, I'm Hershel, I was the one to stitch you up."

I smiled at him. "Thanks. Where's Merle?"

"He's outside, I'll go get him for you, but before I go take these." He handed me four pain killers and a glass of water. I didn't question the dosage and swallowed them all. Hershel took the glass from me and went to get Merle.

Now that I was alone, I took the time to look myself over. I had an iv needle in my left wrist, my jeans were soaked in blood, my shirt was torn off in the middle completely ruined, and I had no idea where my shoes or weapons were. It felt like I was covered in blood everywhere except my face, it was quite clean, almost like someone washed it off.

My thoughts were cut off by Merle barreling into the room, he stopped when he saw me sitting up. "Your awake!" He exclaimed with the biggest grin ever on his face. I noticed Daryl standing in the doorway behind him with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You guys just gonna stand there, or you gonna get your fat asses over here." I said, with a grin. Merle was the first to come over and pull me into and embrace. "Ow Merle. I kinda got shot here." I said pointing to my stomach, it actually didn't hurt that much anymore thanks to the pain killers.

"Sorry princess." he said still smiling. He went around the bed and sat in the chair beside it. Daryl didn't hug me, but he did nod his head, and I'll take that any day. "Why are you so pale Daryl?" I asked a little worried at his state, he looked like he could fall over at any second.

"Darlina over there's been giving you blood the whole time you were out." Merle said with a smirk. I gave Daryl an 'is this true' look, he nodded and smirked at me.

"Don't think anything about it Cici, I still hate your guts."

"The feelings mutual." I said smirking at him.

"Well I'm going to sleep, night." Without another word he turned and left the room.

"Nice to see you too." I mumbled.

"Come on C, don't let him get to you." said Merle.

"I know it's just I can't believe we found him, ya know." He nodded. "You think I'll be able to change out of these clothes?"

"I'll ask the doc in the morning, maybe you'll be able to have a shower too."

"Shower?!" I exclaimed, I haven't had a shower forever.

"Ya, can you believe it?" He laughed.

I sighed and leaned back against the headboard and watched as merle got comfortable in the chair beside me. After he was done he just kind of stared at me, looking me up and down, what was he thinking. I looked at him questionably, "What's the matter Merle?"

His head shot up when said that almost surprised he got caught, his eyes big. "It's nothing C, don't worry bout it." he mumbled looking away.

Merle's POV
I watched her as she laid back on the bed with a smile on her face. I've missed that, seeing her fierce, deep brown eyes. Every time I looked into them I was mesmerized, almost like a spell. Her laugh, it took me away from this hell hole, made me forget.

Her lips were perfect, god how fucking much I wish I could kiss her. God I had it bad, I knew I'd fallen for her. I knew she'd never love me, I'm just a piece of redneck trash. I'd never be able to touch her body, she'd never be mine.

"What's the matter Merle." I jumped at her voice, I knew I was caught.

"It's nothing C, don't worry about it." I muttered, embarrassed that she saw me watching her. I sunk lower in the chair, trying to get comfortable to sleep.

"Merle," I looked up at her, she was looking at me with those sad brown eyes of hers. "Come here." she said patting the bed beside her.

"I'm fine C." I told her.

"Merle don't make me get up, get your ass over here now. I'm not letting you sleep on a chair when you can fit on here with me."

I sighed knowing she wasn't gonna stop, I walked over to the side of the bed, "Move over girl." She moved over letting me get on the bed. When I got in the bed she moved closer to me, I moved back a bit not wanting to hurt her.

Almost as if she read my mind, "You're not gonna hurt me Merle." I slowly got closer to her and put my arm over her stomach. She curled into my side and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I missed you girl." I said as I nuzzled my face in her hair. She sighed and brought her hand up to my face, I leaned into her comforting touch.

"I'm back Merle, and I'm not going anywhere."