Chapter 14

Ciara's POV
All I did was run, I didn't know where I was going, I just ran. How could Merle say those things, I thought he felt the same way. Whatever, he made his choice, there was no way he could fix what he did.

I'd been running for what felt like hours and I had no clue where I was, "Just great." I muttered to myself.

I noticed a clearing ahead, I walk towards it thinking it wouldn't hurt. In the clearing was an old abandoned house, thinking that it was going to be dark soon I went to check it out.

When I got to the front door I notched an arrow in my bow and pulled it back. I searched the house to make sure it was clear, when I was sure it was I went back to the hallway.

In the very last door was a master bed room with a very comfy looking bed. I threw my bow on the floor and crawled on the bed. I sat up against the headboard and let the tears finally come. Soon I started sobbing, my shoulders were shaking and I couldn't stop.

I cried for Merle, my parents, Caesar, I just cried. Soon I started to drift off, the sobs pulling me into a deep sleep.

Daryl's POV
Merle's went and got himself into some shit again, I just know it. He came back to the camp and stormed into his tent not even acknowledging anyone. "Daryl." I turned around to see Dale coming towards me.

"What's up Dale?" I asked. He looked stressed about something.

"Your brother just went and messed up with that girl of his. She took off into the woods and I thought, if you didn't mind, you could go looking for her?" He asked.

I sighed, "I was bout gonna go huntin anyways." I grabbed my cross bow and headed for the woods. "And old man." Dale turned around and looked at me. "I probably won't me back till mornin so don't wait for me."

I headed off to where Dale told me Ciara left. It didn't take me long to pick up her trail, it looked like she got outa here in a hurry.

She better be all right, I swear to god if she's hurt Merle's gonna hear it from me. In the past couple days I've started warming up to Ciara, I started thinking things I ain't ever thought bout anyone before.

When she came out of that house in that dress, I could barely control myself from running up to her and kissin her. I ain't ever seen her this way before, now she makes me feel...I don't know happy? I wasn't really sure what it was, but I think I was fallin for her.

I came to a clearing with a run down house in the middle of it. Her foot prints lead up to the house, so my best bet was that she was inside. I raised my crossbow and headed inside. "Ciara?" I called, there wasn't an answer.

I looked through out the house, couldn't find nothin but an eaten can of sardines. At the end of the hallway was a room with the door closed, usually I wouldn't care but every other door was open, it didn't feel right. Slowly I opened the door and pushed it open raising my crossbow, on the bed was a girl sleeping.

As I stepped closer I noticed it was Ciara. "Ciara," I whispered, nothing. I shook her shoulder, "Cia-" I was cut off when she raised a knife to my throat.

She instantly dropped her knife once she saw me. "What the hell Daryl! I could have killed you!"

I smirked, "Surprised you didn't."

She laughed, then got angry. "Did Merle send you?" She spat.

"No Dale did. Why would Merle send me?" She wouldn't look at me. "Cici." I said slightly annoyed she wasn't answering.

She scoffed and looked at the ceiling, blinking away tears. "I thought your brother was different." she said. "I thought he changed, but I was wrong. He just uses girls when he wants them and dumps them on the side of the road when he's done with them."