Chapter 4

Merle's POV
"CIARA!" I screamed as I saw her body fall limp to the floor. I ran over and cradled her head in my lap. "No no no no NO!" I have never cried before, but now I couldn't stop. Daryl would most certainly be calling me a pussy right now.

Only moments before she was standing right beside that deer. I ain't ever seen anything more beautiful then in that moment. Before she could have touched it a shot had rang out, and now she was here dying in my lap.

I heard a rustle behind me in the bushes. Placing Ciara's head on the ground, I grabbed my ride and jumped to my feet.

"Whoever's there get the fuck out to where I can see you!" A moment later a really fat guy stepped out of the trees. He was wearing a hunting cap and a long sleeved shirt and vest, in his hand was a hunting rifle.

"YOUR SO FUCKING DEAD!" I screamed, aiming my pistol at him.

"Hey! Settle down! I got a through the clearing, we got a doctor there, he'll patch her up for you!" He said all at once.

"You better not be lying to me fat man! Because I swear if your lying, you're a dead man!" I yelled, gathering up Ciara in my arms.

I caught up to the man, and soon enough he was falling behind. "HOW FAR!" I yelled, he didn't answer me. "HOW FAR!" I screamed again.

"Half a mile, that way." he gasped. "you get Hershel, tell Hershel I sent you. He'll fix up your girl for ya."

I repositioned Ciara in my arms and took of faster then I've ever ran in my life. She can't die, I need her now more then ever. There was blood everywhere, on my face, my shirt, it just kept coming out of her stomach and wouldn't stop.

I begin to question the fat guys directions when I saw a house through the trees. It was a two story, white, farmhouse. There were tents pitched up beside a patch of trees, all surrounding a campfire. I noticed a few people sitting there, but just kept running towards the house.

As I got closer a girl on the porch took notice of me. "Daddy!" She yelled. An old man came out of the house and his eyes got wide as he took notice of Ciara bleeding out in my arms.

"You Hershel!?" I asked, he nodded. "Bring her inside quick!" He said opening the door for me. "Patricia I need my kit. Maggie get painkillers, bandages, towels, whatever you can find. Beth come help me with her."

He brought me to what I thought was a bedroom and told me to lay her down on the bed. "What's your name?" he asked.

"M-Merle," I stuttered. "Is she ok?"

"Merle, I need you to step outside please." Hershel said.

"I ain't fucking leaving her!" I yelled.

Herschel stood up, "if you want the girl to live we need you to get out!"

The older women, Patricia or something, grabbed my arm and dragged me out the door. "Sit," she said pointing to a chair outside the room.

I sat down involuntarily, all I could think about was the blood, there was so much. How was she gonna survive this, she had lost so much.

"It's all my fault." I muttered. "It's all my fault." I said, standing up. "IT'S ALL MY FAULT!" I yelled, punching the wall.

"Merle?" A familiar southern voice asked.