Chapter 3

Merle's POV
"I always have." I muttered after she fell asleep. I don't know why but this girl is something different, something that I feel like I should protect. What the hell am I thinking, Dixon's don't need women, all they're good for is to fuck, but I know with Ciara it's different.

I guess I would say I love her, even though I would never tell her that, and it's been from when I first saw her with her brother at the bar. We all called him Martinez since he hated the name Caesar, but even though he was a Mexican he was one of my best friends. I guess I have him to thank, even though I know Ciara will never love me more then a brotherly figure, I still could have a shot with her.

It's not like I never tried, trust me, I did, We just never clicked that way. I felt extra protective of her when Daryl was around. They never liked each other, always at the others through just waiting to rip it out. Even though I know Daryl would never hit a women, he said his fair share of words and so had Ciara. She had changed me, for the better I think, even got me to meet her parents on a couple occasions.

After a while I felt myself starting to doze off. I pulled Ciara close, I wasn't gonna let any thin happen to my girl.

Ciara's POV
Fear, that's all I felt. I was running, I don't know where to, but he just told me to run.

I was covered in blood, my parents blood, they were murdered right in front of me. It was a group of guys that found us, pretending they wanted to help us.

They beat my father, beat him until he was dead. I couldn't do a damn thing, all I could do was sit there. After they finished my dad they took my mom and raped her. Once that was over they threw her beside dad, waiting for him to turn. Once he did, he attacked my mom.

While the group was distracted my brother head butted the guy holding him, grabbing his gun even before he hit the ground. He shot off a couple rounds killing all the men closest to us. "Run!" He yelled at me.

And that's what I did I got up and ran as fast as I could towards the tree line. Right before I entered I took one last look behind me and saw my brother getting pinned to the ground. We has looking straight into my eyes smiling, "you keep running little sis!"

I jolted up from my dreams, but I couldn't move from the arms around me. I started struggling, thinking that they had found me. "It's just me C, it's okay." As soon as I heard Merle's voice I curled back into his shoulder and started crying.

"Shh, don't cry princess." He whispered. "Ya wanna talk bout it?" He asked.

I just shook my head, I was too scared to think of words. "We should get going Merle." I said.

He nodded, pulling me up with him. "About earlier-"

I cut him off, "It's fine Merle." he just huffed and continued walking.

We walked for about an hour before Merle started talking again, "It's getting late, we should hunt before it gets dark."

"Sure," I said. After about ten minutes I found tracks that I hadn't seen in forever. "Merle!" I whisper shouted, unable to hide my excitement.

"What?" He grumbled. When he came over to see what I was staring at his face lit up with an genuine smile. "Holy shit sugar! Looks like you found your self a deer!"

Excited, I followed the trail at double the speed I was walking before. We walked for about ten minutes before we reached a clearing in the forest, and there was our deer standing about 25 feet away from us. Merle raised his rifle to shoot the deer, but I stopped him.

"What are you.." He began to ask, but stopped once he noticed me walking closer to it with my hand outstretched towards the deer.

I was right beside the deer now, so close that I could pet it. Right before I touched it I heard a bang and everything went black.