43 thiago alacantra

y/n had been walking around the pitch side for almost five minutes, yet, no one had turned up. she began to her nervous. did she turn up at the wrong pitch? did she misinterpret the time or date? she pulled out her phone almost hesitantly and she stood like a lost puppy in the middle of the liverpool training ground.

y/n was and had been the liverpool personal photographer for almost two years. she had seen people come and go, she had made unexplainable bonds with unexpected people. the job had been a long rollercoaster of emotions, even better, y/n had just been offered the opportunity to be the england national team's personal photographer too. of course, she said yes. not a doubt had went through her mind when she replied back to main gaffer, gareth southgate with such confidence.

looking through her emails, y/n was frantically looking for the information email about today's training. not only had the times changed, but, so had the pitch. as her thumb scrolled and scrolled, y/n felt to hands grab her waist and pick her up. she screamed with so much fright, the person dropped her. all around her, y/n heard shouting and laughing. she turned around to see one of her best work friends, jordan henderson doubled over cackling loudly. her face turned dark crimson as she saw many other players laughing at her, including thiago.

y/n had met thiago just over a year into her job at liverpool when he joined. it was mid september and just beginning to get cold and dark at night. during the first week he had joined, thiago was getting all sort of fitness tests done. he was always staying a lot later than the other players, as did y/n. almost everyday in late september to mid november, thiago would turn up to the media corridor just to speak to y/n everyday. it started from small hello's to five minute conversation about eachother's days. sometimes y/n would purposely make it noticeable she was there just so she could talk to him. she had really taken a liken to him, there was no denying that but once all his physicals stopped, so did the visits.

"jordan that is not funny." y/n gasped shoving the still bent over jordan causing him to fall on the floor.
"someone should have snapped her picture." trent said laughing helping jordan up. thiago took a step forward with his phone and he flipped it around to show a very cursed picture of y/n, her eyes bulging and mouth wide open in fear. the boys began to laughed, all passing around the picture one by one. y/n looked up to thiago, a cheeky smirk sat on his face. y/n gave him a very sarcastic smile before shoving her middle finger right on his face.

-

after a couple more minutes of messing around, laughing about the pictures, the boys got called over by their trainer to begin their intense warm up. y/n had set up her camera as they did so, cleaning the lens and messing around with filters and fixtures. y/n leaned against the wall, watching the players doing slow laps around the pitch, her eyes always on someone in particular. as they gained momentum and travelled closer to y/n, she brought her camera's viewfinder up to her eye. she took multiple shots of the guys running, from their faces to their feet. anything for the media. the ran around again, the speed decreased drastically to a slow jog. the players splitting off to little groups to get their last lap in. y/n brough the camera up to her eye snapping pictures of the different groups, the friendships she had watched grow.

with the viewfinder right up at her eyes, y/n's camera followed the players until it landed on thiago. he had made eye contact with the camera, a large smile growing on his face. y/n took a picture. his tongue slid out of his mouth, a cheeky look on his face as he did so. he shook his head, with his tongue still out, like a child at the camera. y/n began to laugh as she watched thiago jog further away from the camera.

the drills began, y/n picked up all her stuff from the wall as she transferred it over to the training pitch. she walked over to the team who were spilt into defence and midfield with the strikers too. the keepers stood in goal. the drill was a simple attack-defend drill. y/n stood off to the side filming and taking pictures. she made sure to take as many pictures of the key media players, the players who had been frequently talked about in the press.

-

two hours went passed, the boys training was now done. they had left the pitch and went back into the changing rooms. y/n had to pack up her things, then, head back to her office to download the pictures to her usb drive. once y/n had packed up, she walked into the building which was unusually quiet. although she loved it like that, y/n really did miss the company of other people saying hello. y/n walked up to flights of stairs before making it to her office, and to her surprise, there was someone waiting outside.

y/n cleared her throat.
"thiago?" she asked causing spaniard the spin around. he smiled.
"just came to say hello." he said gesturing for her to unlock the door. y/n did making sure not to drop any of her things. she walked into her room first with thiago following right behind her.
"so what made you pop in?" y/n asked thiago who stood in front of her. she was opening up her macbook.
"i was just coming around, like old times." thiago said smiling.
"oh i see, well it's nice for you to stop by." y/n said looking up at him. he had not taken his eyes of y/n since he had first came into her office.
"i also had to ask, for your number? so that when i can't come by your office, we can call later." thiago said confidently, pulling his phone from his pocket.
"you want my number?" y/n asked. the boy nodded in response pushing his phone out towards her. y/n took it out his hands, and typed her number into a new contact.
"there you go." y/n said. thiago has a massive grin on his face.
"i'll call you later." he said turning around and walking out the room.

jesus y/n was in deep.

__________________________________

hello !!!

this imagine was a request from HaileyMaiHarper

i went a little freestyle at the end but i hope you enjoy !

i hope everyone is feeling good and staying safe.

again, thank you for the continuous support on this book.