Chapter 45

A/n: Thank you guys so much for the birthday wishes! It really does mean a lot!! :*

Dani's pov-

After my long ass shower, trying to remove whip cream and cherry syrup  from my hair, I went into the kitchen to find something to eat.

"Happy birthday baby girl" Demi said catching me by surprise. "We made you breakfast. Its on the table"

"Great!" I walked over and seen the girls had already started eating. Lauren smiled when seeing me, and patted the empty seat next to her.

She looked absolutely amazing right about now. Her Nirvana shirt slightly a little big, her grey sweats that I remembered wearing a week ago, Her semi dry hair up into a ponytail, her green eyes a little brighter then usual, and of course, that killer smile of hers.

"Morning babe" she whispered as she lightly pecked my cheek. I Smiled widely at her and entwined our fingers.

"Morning. And Morning to you guys"

"Morning Dano!" Camila cried. "How was the cherry syrup" she giggled.

"Or the sprinkles" Normani added. I glared at the two making a mentel note to get them all back later. I smiled devilishly to myself and shrugged.

"Let's just say you guys owe me shampoo" I said before sticking a strip of bacon into my mouth. "Anyways" I giggled. "It was fun. Thanks guys" they all nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, Dan" Demi yelled trying to push me off the couch and out of the house.

"No! I don't want a party or anything" I protested. I really didn't like celebrating my birthdays for many reasons, and one of my main reasons was, I hate the thought of getting older. So I'm basically celebrating another year older. And what's a birthday without your mom.

Just thinking about my first birthday without her was tough. My stomach began to grow knots and butterflies, but it wasn't the good kind.

"Dani, we want to take you out, so come on!" She groaned trying her best to push me out the front door. I did my best to not let her win.

"I got this!" Lauren yelled coming out of the truck. She smirked and next thing I knew, I saw Lauren's butt. She had thrown me on her shoulder. I did my best not to squirm, so she wouldn't drop me, and then she just threw me next to Val. I glared at Lauren. "What?"

"Your on Demi's side" I whined. She rolled them green eyes of hers and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"I'm not taking Demi's side. I just want you to celebrate your birthday with us for the first time" I huffed and nodded understandingly. This was my first birthday without my mom, Evan, and Ray. So I guess I have to try it, for my brothers sake. I could hear him now, 'Dan, their your friends, just go'.

I didn't tell Lauren anything after that. I just sat back, and watched as Demi drove us to wherever she was taking us. It wasn't long when I realized we were in front of Universal studios.

"I did some Calls, and found out this was your favorite place to go to when you were little" Demi said. "I hope your ok with us coming here" again I remained quiet. Tears prickled my eyes as the memory of my last time here rushed back.

My mom was so beautifilul. Her black hair shined as the sun beamed down on us. I remembered being in her arms as we walked around this place. She didnt want to put me down, and have to chase me all over the theme park. Evan was about fifteen and I was five at the time.

Scared to answer Demi, I nodded. The knot in my throat beagn to stop my breathing and my heart began to quicken its pace. Sweat slowly rolled off my forehead and down my cheeks.

"Dan?" Val whispered. I slowly looked up shaking my head. This was a panic attack coming. "What's wrong?" As her being the protective best friend, she sat me on a near by bench and rubbed at my back.

"I need Lauren" I whispered. She yelled for Lauren scared to leave me, but I motioned her to leave so she can be with the girls. I didn't want the girls to see me in this state. "Tell. Demi. To. Go. In. Tell. Her. I'm. Fine. And. That. I. Just. Need. A. Moment" I said between breaths since I was struggling. She nodded quickly as Lauren made her way towards me.

By the look Lauren was giving me, she knew perfectly what to do. She carefully took me to the truck and sat me in the passenger seat.

"Babe, calm down. I'm right here with you. Just copy my breathing" I did as told, letting out my tears. Every panic attack I've had so far, feels like I'm going to die. Like I'm trying to take my last breath or something.

"I miss her Lo" I said finally when I got my breathing back. "Its my first birthday without her" a river of tears escalated down my cheeks and into my shirt. She wrapped her arms around me as she finally realized who I was talking about.

"I know Dan. Every holiday or special day, its going to be tough. But you have to get through it" I let out a semi cry or whail into her chest not wanting to get through it or anything. "And I will be right exactly by your side" she whispered pulling away. She cupped my cheeks, whipping my tears with the sleeves of her sweatshirt. She looked at me and slowly leaned in an kissed me.

This was a bad way to start a birthday, but Lauren was right. I have to try and get through it. My mom wouldn't want me to be crying on my birthday. She would have wanted me to be with my friends, or hanging out with my brother at the paintballing fields, as we did every year on his birthday.

After regaining myself, we went into universal to find the girls. We ended up finding the girls next to the shrek ride taking pictures with shrek and Fiona. Demi smiled her enormous smile, and walked gracefully to me.

"You ok babe?" She asked. I nodded quickly looking at Lauren. "Good, ready to go on a ride?" I nodded again sticking my hands into my pocket.

We were out in public, so no Dally, no Dal, and certainly no Lani showing public affection. So my hands stood in my pocket or at my sides the remainder of our time there.

After our fun at one of my favorite places, we went home and watched movies till our eyes shut.

A/n: I went through hell last night! I'm just happy everything's ok now! And just a heads up, I might not upload this week or maybe a bit longer depending on my mom. Love you guys! Comment! :*