Chapter 41

A/N: The picture is Shay who is playing Val.  

Its now New Years eve, and Val, and I were currently at the new house, painting our rooms. We had moved all our things in, minus the girls stuff. So starting today or maybe tomorrow, we'd be able to sleep here.

Demi left us alone to go pick up a couple of her friends at the airport. She didnt mention any names, but who cares.

"DAN! I can't paint anymore. My arms going to fall off. Can we take a break?" Valerie yelled running down the hall and into my room.

"Sure, lets go for a walk" She nodded and we raced each other down the stairs. "There's a small market like a block away. Wanna go?"

"Hell yeah. I need food" I rolled my eyes with a light chuckle.

Getting inside the store, we were greeted by the owner. He was a elderly man, with a gentle smile. He was taller than Val, so he passed me by a landslide.

"Hello ladies" He greeted. We waved and then went to attack the Chip isle. "Woah, you guys sure are snacking" He said as we placed our munchies on the counter.

"Yeah" Val giggled. "You'll be seeing us more often" He scanned each item and raised a brow.

"You must be the girls who bought the big house" we nodded. "I remember my days in that house. My kids running up and down the stairs having the time of their life's."

"Why did you give it up. Its a beautiful house" He nooded and smiled.

"It is, I just couldn't live there anymore by myself. My wife died, my kids grew up and left." He sighed handing Val the bags. "So I had to sale it"

"I'm sorry, Steve" Val said looking at his name tag. He smiled, shaking his head.

"Its all right. I bought an amazing apartment, and this store." I handed him the money. "You guys be good now alright. Happy New Years"

"Bye Steve, Happy New Years" we waved and walked out. "He was nice" I nodded in agreement. "He reminds me of my grandpa" Val sighed.

"Don't worry. We'll see Grandpa Joe soon" I reasurred her. She was always closet to her grandpa, and I wasn't going to lie, but her grandpa was the best.

Getting home, Demi's car was parked on the driveway And I got really excited. I rushed in the house and straight to the kitchen, to find her putting dishes into cabinets.

"Hey Baby girl" Demi said launching herself to me. I hugged her back and placed the bags on the island. "What's all this?" she asked as Valerie placed the rest of the bags on the island as well.

"We got a bit hungry, so we went to the market a black away" She nodded and looked through the bags. "What are we doing for New Years?" She shot up from the bags and smiled.

"We are all going to have a party here, in the new house" I stared at her hoping that smile would disappear. "What?"

"Demi, we're not ready to have a party here. The house is huge, and there's only three of us. We need to clean, get supplies, foo..." Val placed her hand over my mouth.

"Shut up Dani. We'll just have to clean faster" Val said still keeping her hand over my mouth.

"That's right. So I brought some friends over  to come and help" As if cue, the doorbell rung and Demi ran to go answer it.

In came three people. A guy that looked so familiar. I just couldn't put my finger on it, a girl, and another guy.

"Dan, Val, this is Marissa, Matthew, and Nick" I nodded shaking each persons hand.

"So we finally meet" Marissa said as I got to her. She pulled me to a hug. She reminds me of Demi. "Demi has talked but you non stop"

"I hope good things"

"Of course. And guys, this is Dani's best friend, Val" They all hugged Val and we got started with cleaning and everything.

As the night was coming closer, we were finally done with the house. We even put up decorations we got from party city.

"Ok, catering should be on the way. Everybody should be coming now. So go get ready" I nodded and went upstairs to get ready.

I decided to wear a white long sleeve shirt, black skinnkys, and my converse. I straighten my hair and went to Val's room to see if she's done.

"Should I wear the leggings or Jeans?" I pointed at her light blue jeans, and went to her closet to find her a shirt. "I really miss the girls" She mumbled.

"I know, I gotten so use to seeing them all the time. This past week has been weird" She nodded.

"Have you talked to Lauren?" she asked picking up her hair into a bun.

"Is that even a question?" I scoffed. "Of course I have. I texted her not that long ago. Have you talked to Dinah?" She nodded with a sigh.

"Let's get downstairs. I hear the door open and close." As we opened the door to Val's room, we could help but smell the sweet aroma of Chicken.

Alot of people where here. From families to friends. I didn't know probably more than half of the people here. I got pulled left and right from Demi to Mom as they introduced me to people.

The countdown began and people started to pair with one another. I guess they were doing that new years kiss thing. I didn't want to do that, so I walked away and sat on the top of the stairs and closed my eyes.

When the countdown hit two, I felt someone cup my face and pulled me towards them, then I felt lips pressed themselves against mine. All I'm thinking is who the fuck is this person, and why are they kissing me.

A/n: Happy New Years guys!!! I have been crying all day remembering this past year. I had one of the best year of my life that I will never forget. I did have a lot of downs but I had plenty of ups. Thank you guys for being there with me. You guys make me happy. Be safe where ever you guys are!!