Chapter 31

Dani's pov-

Getting to El Paso was like a new world. I haven't been here in a couple of months and everything looks and feels so different. Like I knew nothing about here.

"Ok, so Demi went to rent a car. We should just sit at Starbucks and wait" We all nodded at Ally and grabbed our bags, heading to Starbucks that was in front of us.

I had isolated myself and sat at the back of the coffee shop. I Had gotten the worst possible phone call last night from my brother. It feels unreal.

As I was so lost in my conversation from yesterday. Demi, walked into Starbucks and over to me.

"I booked us in the hotel yesterday, so it should be ready. We can leave now if you want, leave the bags, and then you can tell us were to go after" I nodded not saying one word. 

At the hotel, I sat my bags and everything on the bed next to Demi. I had to beg her for a room together. I mean I wouldn't mine With Lauren, But I really needed her even if she didn't know what was going on.

"Ok, here are the keys. Meet me in the Suv while I get the girls" I nodded and went to the hotel's parking garage. When the girls came, I sat in the passenger seat and guided Demi where.

Entering the hospital again from where Ray gave us that scare, made me feel so uneasy. Like I wanted to cry or throw up. Actually, to kind of think about it, I needed to throw up from how nervous I was.

I ran down the hallway of Las Palmas medical center and into the first restroom I could find. There I spent my time hovering over the toilet with my hands on my knees and someone holding my hair. I didn't notice anybody following.

"It's Ok Baby. Just let it go" Lauren whispered. As I threw up, I could help but groan and yell in frustration. I felt like losing my mind. The walls were coming in. All of a sudden my heart rate was picking up, my breathing was stopping, and it was getting to hot that sweat literally poured from everywhere.

Lauren grabbed my arms and sat me on the floor with Her. She took off her sweater and dambed my forehead.

"Breath Dani. Its ok. I'm here, just look at me" I did as told and stared at her. "Follow my breathing babe, ok" I nodded and mimicked her. She looked at me worried and breathed in her nose and out her mouth.

Demi walked in and quickly sat near Lauren.she asked Lauren what was happening, and grabbed paper towels to clean me.

Lauren was basically cradling me as finally my breathing was getting back to normal. I felt scared and like I was dying.

"Dani had a panic attack" She whispered to Demi but I still heard her so well.

"Baby girl? Are you sure you want to stay. We can go back home" Demi whispered. I shook my head and slowly stood up wiping my tears.

"No, I need to stay" I whispered. She nodded and we walked out to find Evan. He notice something was wrong from how I looked. I Could see guilt in his eyes.

"Dani, want me to take you to the room" I nodded and followed.

Demi's pov-

"How do you know she had a panic attack?" I asked Lauren as we sat in the waiting room. The girls sat around the tv as Lauren and I took the two seater in the back.

"I had a friend who use to get them a lot. Dani showed the signs that she was getting one. Like She had an upset stomach, her body was shaking as I held her, She was having hot flashes, she kept grabbing at her chest like she couldn't breath, and she kept looking around the room as if it was getting smaller" Lauren sighed trying not to cry. "Demi, I really like your sister, So seeing her in that state scared the living Shit out of me, But I had to show her I was there" I engulfed Lauren into a hug and rubbed her back.

"Thank you so much Lauren" I whispered and felt her nod.

After awhile Evan came back and sat next to me as Lauren went to join the girls. He had asked what happened and I explained everything.

"Oh" he said shoving his fingers through his hair. "Can I ask you something" I nodded waiting for his response. "Why does she look so...skinny" he whispered the last word so low, but I understood him.

"I don't know to be honest" I said truthfully. He nodded burying his face into his hands and crying into them. "Can I ask what's going on?"

"Remember how I said my mom was sick" he said rubbing his eyes and sitting up right. I nodded. "Well my mom has been having cancer. And she's been getting sicker. The doctors says she's probably not going to make it through the night." My heart stopped for a second.

I couldn't find anything to say or do. I have so much love and respect for Ann since she raised my sister. She was my sister's mother.

"I'm so sorry Ev" I whispered. He nodded sniffling.

"I just regret so much. I should have to told Dani. Dani could have spent more time with Her" I rubbed his back as his tears rushed out again.

Hours later and Dani slowly made her way to the room With a doctor. She walked over to the wall and banged on the wall till Evan and I pulled her away. She pushed her brother away and cried into my chest. Yelling for Ann.

That's when I knew Ann was gone.

A/n: you guys!!! I'm bored Kik me please. And anyways this Chapter made me sad. I had my first panic attack a couple days ago, so yeah now I know how my friend feels. Yesterday I went to Disney on ice and felt like a little kid again. The little mermaid is my favorite princess!!