Chapter 15

Dani's pov-

Practice was finally over. My legs and arms were killing me. I have never practice that much before, but then again they are a good team. They had me start as pitcher. Which I was happy about, so its like I never left home. 

I Sat in the corner of the field waiting for Demi to pick me up. My arms were a bit moist for the sweat, that the makeup I use to cover my scars, was coming off. I reached in my pockets, searching for the concealor I bought.

"Shit" I whispered to myself. I couldn't find it. I must have dropped it during practice. Now, I don't know what to do, If I had money, i would have walked to the corner store that was close by.

Demi's small black car was now coming in the distance. I began to breath heavily scared.

"Hey, how was practice" Demi asked as I jumped in the car. I hid my arms in my duffle bag, as I sat it in my lap.

"great, Just my arms and legs are killing me" I said. She smiled and drove. 

The car ride was silent, minus Demi singing along to the radio. She had this amazing voice that was relaxing to me. I began to slowly shut my eyes. But I tried my hardest to keep them open.

"You OK there, you look Drunk or something" Demi said taking quick glances at me.

"I'm OK, like I said, I'm a bit tired" I positioned myself so I was sitting up right.

"Then take a nap" She said.

"Nahh, I want to wait til we get home" She nodded and continued focusing on the road.

When we made it home, I rushed in, running to my room. I locked the door before Demi can come in. I digged in my closet for my pjs and Jumped from my phone going off. 

Evan was calling, probably just to see how I'm doing. I threw on a sweat shirt and sat on my bed before answering his call. 

"Hey Ev, Hows everybody" I asked happily. 

"Dan, Rays in the hospital" My stomach began to turn with fear. My poor baby was in the hospital and i wasn't even there.

"What!? How is he" I asked. I climbed farther to bed and grabbed Rays bear that, i now never sleep without. 

"I don't know, When I was at work, mom said he can't stop eating and I told her that's how is and she said that's kinda not normal if he is not losing or gaining any wait" He said trying not to cry. "I brought him to the doctors, and they think he has Diabetes" 

"What!? but his only 4" I began to cry and rush out the room and into Demi's room. She seen my face and rushed up. 

"I'll call you in a bit, there about to test him" 

"OK, bye. Tell him I love him" My voice was cracking. Demi rubbed my back and sat me in her bed. When I hung up, she grabbed me, sitting me in her lap.

"whats wrong" She asked. 

"Rays in the hospital" I said quietly. I hung on to the bear,crying softly in it. Demi laid me in her bed and left the room. Minutes later she came in with my backpack, filled with clothes. 

I watched her carefully seeing, what she was doing. She went in her closet and pulled out a small black suitcase. She threw her clothes in it and looked at me.

"What are you doing" I asked her. She walked near me and wiped my tears away.

"Were going to see if the little guys OK. Your my sister and obviously he means alot to you" She smiled and I couldn't help but smile. I climbed off her bed and wrapped her in a hug. "love you Dan" She whispered. I smiled. Demi was the best sister ever.

"Love you too. But can I shower before we leave" I asked. She nodded and I rushed out the room and into mine. I grabbed my clothes and jumped in a quick shower. I changed to black skinnys, A grey sweatshirt, white converse, and my grey beanie. 

"ready" Demi said. I nodded and helped her to the car. Max helped put the bags in the back, and drove us to the airport.

A/N: sorry for late update. I was busy with alot of things and im so excited. I got to sign for my diploma yesterday and i almost cried.