𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧―𝐒𝟓 𝐄𝟏𝟎: 𝐀𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞

❝︎And just say the word... ❞︎

𝟷𝟾𝚃𝙷 𝙹𝚄𝙽𝙴 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿―𝙲𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙷𝙰𝙶𝙴, 𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚂𝙾𝚄𝚁𝙸

THE NEXT DAY WE ARRIVED IN Carthage, Missouri. Dean and Sam rode in the Impala, leading the way. I followed them. Beside me was Lily. Ellen and Jo drove behind my Mustang with Castiel keeping them company, most-likely filling them in with everything I did not have the time to. It was raining when we first arrived. My eyes were glued to the road as there was nothing but the sounds of The Fray playing faintly on the radio. Jo clogged up my mind. I was more than worried about how this attempt was going to play itself out. I was afraid this would be my last day on earth. The concept of death was not as scary as it was before I died. I did not know what to expect two years ago. Now, I do. I knew the second I closed my eyes, I would be welcomed with part two of my eternal damnation. That did not bother me as much as I thought it would have. In fact, the only thing that had been bothering me since yesterday was that I did not have the opportunity to fix things with Jo.

My eyes observed our surroundings. The town was relatively empty, and on the poles, there were missing person posters. We drove passed many billboards, one that stated, 'ANTI-GOD IS ANTI-AMERICAN.' Beside it, there was an advertisement for adult videos. This was shortly before we drove passed a cafe. Lily was holding her hand out of the car, with her phone in her hand, same as Sam and Dean, when Dean decided to stop driving in the middle of a street. I gently pressed the break as I stopped in front of the Impala, assumingly Ellen doing the same. Lily turned to me as she shook her head. There was no signal. It was not long until we went separate ways again. Ellen, Jo, and Castiel stayed where we left them, while Dean and Sam went in the opposite direction from Lily and me. The thunder grew louder as I drove off, however, not without leaving me with an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach.

About fifteen minutes later, we regrouped. I decided to park the car a few streets back once the rain stopped. We walked beside each other, searching for Sam, Dean, Ellen, Jo, and Castiel as we kept our eyes out for anything out of the ordinary. We had our demon-killing knives with us just in case; however, we decided to leave our shotguns in the car. I was not in the mood to carry them around. I rather us gather together to form a plan before we attacked the demons with salt rounds. When we approached them, I heard as Dean said, "Station's empty."