𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧―𝐒𝟒 𝐄𝟏𝟓: 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲

❝︎I watched you die; I heard you cry every night in your sleep...❞︎

𝟸𝟽𝚃𝙷 𝙼𝙰𝚈 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟾–𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙸𝚂𝙱𝚄𝚁𝙶, 𝙿𝙴𝙽𝙽𝚂𝚈𝙻𝚅𝙰𝙽𝙸𝙰

       LILY'S HEAD RESTED ON SAM'S CHEST. She didn't notice his emotionless face as she, herself, had several things clogging her mind. Even though her sister's death was 5 months earlier, it still overwhelmed her on most days. Her hand rested on the younger Winchester's chest as a form of comfort. And she lifted her hand as her fingers grazed over his chest. There was silence amongst them, despite the soft sounds of Sara Bareilles singing "Gravity." There was something comforting about their company. They understood each other's pain. And there was no one else that possibly could. They were uniquely understood by each other and that was a gift they didn't quite understand. Laying down there together, they found a temporary fill for their void in each other. They grew together. They found a friendship within each other. They met each other in their most vulnerable state. And they allowed each other to knock down the walls surrounding their heart. Lily couldn't have possibly imagined growing close to someone the way she was with Sam. The last time she found comfort in someone, similarly to the way she found comfort in Sam, was back in high school when she dated her boyfriend at the time, Brady. Of course, that was before things got complicated for her.

Now, she was forced to face the unreal reality of living her life without her older sister. Life was tough, but never as much as it was without her sister's company. Sam was a great friend to her, and he was there for her, but now he was more of an empty shell than he ever been. He struggled with the grief she still did every day. She wished she could be there for him the same way he once was, but there they were living the same dreaded reality. Lily swallowed deeply, holding back her tears. She pushed herself to be strong. 'Fake it till you make it' were words that she repeated to herself that often helped her on her darkest days. She looked up to the twenty-five-year-old hunter and studied his face. She knew he was hanging by a thread. She still was. All they had was each other. And perhaps Ruby too, but they both still found it difficult to trust her at times. Yes, at that point, she had, by far, proven herself to the hunters, but they still used their common sense around her. She was a demon. Of course, there was denial when it came to them wondering if they could unconditionally trust her. They both fought with their basic instincts as hunters every time they saw her. They had demon-killing knives. It shouldn't be difficult, but for some reason it was—for both of them. They let Ruby in at a time where they were vulnerable and she had done nothing but prove herself to them time and time again. That included when they both attempted to take on Lilith just the previous week. They planned to recklessly attack Lilith with the demon-killing knives they had, unsure if they were able to work in her the same way they were used to. Unsure if they would even make it out of there alive, they didn't expect to be just fine. Ruby followed them to Lilith's location just in time to save them from themselves. And they owed her for it.