𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞―𝐒𝟓 𝐄𝟏𝟖: 𝐏𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐍𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

❝︎And just say the word...❞︎

𝟽𝚃𝙷 𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿―𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺, 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺

       I GLANCED DOWN AT THE PICTURE I held in my hand. My thumb brushed over the glossy top as my mind brought me back to the moment it was taken. June 1995. The smile that was painted across my face was the largest one I have ever seen. It was innocent. The picture was taken long before I knew about the dangers that lurked in the shadows. It was a pure moment. Stefan had his arms wrapped around me as he hugged me from behind. My head leaned against his shoulder as we both laughed at something I couldn't remember. It was the moment I realized I was in love with Stefan. He was only a friend to me at that time. In fact, he was hardly ever more. He got a girlfriend a few months after the picture was taken, just before I could bring myself to confess how I felt about him. I lost my chance with him, and it was for that reason I believed he was always the one that got away.

"What do you think you are doing?" I heard Lily's voice. I sighed. Why do I always underestimate her ability to find me? She knows me too well, I thought. I looked up to my twenty-three year old sister who had her arms crossed over her chest. She was wearing a white cropped sweatshirt, beige leggings, and white slides. She clearly looked very comfortable.

I flipped the sacred picture, so my thigh could cover it before Lily noticed it. I cleared my throat before I replied, "How'd you find me?"

"You're going to do something stupid. Like Lucifer-level stupid." She stated. She didn't ask me; in fact, she didn't even move from where she stood beside the wide open motel room door. "It's not hard to figure out the steps of the Farewell tour. How's Stefan?" She spoke with such certainty. She knew my plan to hand myself over completely to Lucifer. She knew that even after all the years that passed, a part of me could never stop caring about Stefan.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes, trying to forget my encounter with Stefan, "As if you hadn't considered it."

"Sure, I have. But I never went through with it because I have faith that there is another way." Her positive demeanor was one I was always used to having; however, I didn't expect that kind of answer from her after everything that happened, especially in the last few weeks. She died for the second time, took a trip to heaven, only to hear that God was not going to help us. I'll admit that was more crushing for me to hear than I originally led on, but I expected it. If God was going to do something, he would have done it by now. The only card I had left to play was to give Lucifer what he wanted from me. And I knew exactly what that was.