𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭―𝐒𝟓 𝐄𝟐𝟐: 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠

❝︎Never forget we were built to last...❞︎

𝟷𝟶𝚃𝙷 𝚂𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿

       THE SIX HUNTERS AND ANGEL STOOD there, hoping that what they were facing was nothing more than a dream. Sam held the responsibility of putting the devil back in his cage, a responsibility that nobody wished they acquired. Nobody envied the weight that was on his shoulders. Sam was moments away from saying "yes" to Lucifer. They could no longer wake up and pretend that there was nothing that was crushing their souls. They couldn't pretend that if things didn't go as they planned then millions of people were going to die. They couldn't pretend that it was a lot of responsibility to hold onto, responsibility that was more than difficult to accept. 

They could no longer go about their days and pretend they were normal hunters. No. Not even Lily. She watched her sister get torn a part my hellhounds, and from that moment forward, she was a different hunter. Hell, she was a different person. She grieved the loss of her sister, only to have her enter her life once again, eleven months later. She learned of the existence of angels and she fell in love with a demon. She struggled with what exactly that made of her. What kind of a person did it make Lily if she acquired demonic psychic powers? What kind of a person did it make her if she struggled with her mortality, using these demonic powers for what she perceived to be for the greater good? What kind of a person did it make her if she slept with a demon on the regular? That were some of the questions she struggled with in the months following. 

She struggled with her trust issues after she realized that she was manipulated by a demon, manipulated into letting Lucifer out of his cage, nonetheless. She couldn't even trust herself. She carried that guilt with her and no way to apprehend it. And understandably so, she struggled to get back to work. She learned, after twenty-three years, that she was adopted. She resented Marissa for keeping such a large secret for her. But that wasn't the reason why she had been so angry. She didn't feel like she belonged. She was contaminated by demon blood. Her sister hated what she was capable of. She felt like an outcast. It didn't help to learn that her older sister wasn't related to her by blood. She didn't realize that none of that mattered. It was what the two sisters had been through that really defined their relationship. They were sisters, whether or not it was by blood.