𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧―𝐒𝟒 𝐄𝟏𝟎: 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥

❝︎Because of you, I never stray too far from the sidewalk...❞︎

𝟸𝟶𝚃𝙷 𝙽𝙾𝚅𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟾

       I NEVER REMEMBERED WAKING UP AFTER I passed out in great fear of what the angels were going to do to me if we refused to give Anna to them. Even knowing now what Anna had done to have a death sentence on her head, I knew it was not in my place to hand her off to the angels. That had to be something she had to be willing to do on her own. As I was knocked out, I could feel the coldness and the vacancy of being tied up there―unable to break free―doing everything in my power to do so, but endlessly being faced with inevitable failure. It felt as if I was almost back there being able to feel the helplessness. And suddenly, I was walking into the cabin alongside Dean. Confusion hit me as we came face-to-face with Uriel.

"Look at that. It's so cute when monkeys wear clothes." He said, looking at Dean.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "We're dreaming, aren't we?" It had to be the only explanation for this. We had hex bags on our body; the angels were not able to find us as long as they were in our possession.

"It's the only way we could chat since you're hiding like cowards."

"Don't normally see you off-leash. Where's your boss?" Dean asked, trying to eagerly change the subject, however, using it as an excuse to insult him―though I had been thinking the same thing.

"Castiel? Oh, he..." He said as he looked up to the ceiling. I guess that answered our question.  "He's not here. See, he has this weakness." He continued as he lowered his voice as if he was about to spill some big secret. "He likes you two." He said before returning to his average-leveled voice as he continued. "Time's up. We want the girl." Uriel commanded, suddenly growing more serious than he was when we first walked through those doors.

"Wouldn't try that if I were you. See, she got her grace back―full-blown angel now." Dean lied. Anna was just as human as we were, and she couldn't even protect herself. 

"That would be a neat trick, considering..." He said as he reached down his shirt to grab a chain that had a small cylinder attached, filled with a blue essence, which we both believed to be her grace. "I have her grace right here. We can't let Hell get their hooks into her." He said seriously, and both Dean and I understood that; she had specific knowledge that the demons would love to get their hands on. Despite her disobeying heaven's rules, giving Anna her grace back seemed to be the best and easiest solution to the problem at hand. She would be able to defend herself, and the demons wouldn't be able to get a hold of her. It seemed to be the closest thing we could get to a victory.