𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫―𝐒𝟒 𝐄𝟐𝟐: 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠

❝︎Because of you, I don't know how to let anyone else in...❞︎

𝟸𝙽𝙳 𝙰𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙻 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿―𝚂𝙸𝙾𝚄𝚇 𝙵𝙰𝙻𝙻𝚂, 𝚂𝙾𝚄𝚃𝙷 𝙳𝙰𝙺𝙾𝚃𝙰

       AT THIS TIME, FIVE DAYS EARLIER, I followed my impressionable little sister, Sam, Ruby, and Malakai by her side, to convince her to come back. At that moment, my priority was Lily coming home. Sure, I was angry with her, but my love for her was far stronger than any rage I could feel toward her. I was willing to look past all of her faults if she joined me on the ride back home. We would have talked through all of our flaws and found a solution to her blood addiction. I followed her to seek comfort, for I believed she was trapped deep down in her own body, drowning in her addiction. I wanted nothing more for her to hug me and apologize, telling me she had been wrong all along.

Although my desires were not reflected in reality, the result of my meeting with her was far worse than anything I could have imagined. She didn't throw her arms around me and apologize, begging for my forgiveness. She threw a punch across my face and cursed at me. She swore I was wrong. And I never desired to be wrong more in my entire life. For what was to come was something that could never be undone. Apologizes were not something that could be used to fix her inevitable mistakes. It was far too late to apply a band-aid on this aberration. For it was so great, millions of people would pay the ultimate price. Disasters so colossal, everybody would be speaking about them the following morning. It was challenging to say what the long term effects were, for I was looking out the window in deep thought, my inability to trust my little sister temporarily forgotten, as we faced much more pressing matters.

"Dean? Marissa? You listen to a word I said?" Bobby asked as he called out to the two of us as we stared out the window in deep thought. The truth was, I didn't hear a word he said.  Upon coming back from my fight with Lily, I almost felt like giving up. She was my little sister, and I wanted what was best for her. And I will admit, maybe I was a bit selfish, but I was not willing to put the same risk she was into her psychic powers for an opportunity to kill Lilith. I couldn't stand by and watch as she changed into a completely different person because of the demon blood addiction that had been slowly but ultimately taking hold of her life. Chasing after Lily was what I saw as my last chance. With the apocalypse heading closer every day, I began even to wonder if Dean and I were capable of preventing it. The weight on our shoulders felt as if it was getting heavier with every day that passed, and it was too difficult to focus.