𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧―𝐒𝟒 𝐄𝟗: 𝐈 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

❝︎I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh everyday of my life...❞︎

𝟷𝟽𝚃𝙷 𝙽𝙾𝚅𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟾

       I WAS TAKEN BACK BY THE punch, but I was even more taken back by the person who stood in front of me: the one person I wanted to keep away from all the angel and demon crap the most. Lily. I looked at her. She looked a lot different from the time I had last seen her eleven months ago. She had just turned twenty-three, but she looked a little bit older. She remained the same height as the last time I saw her, and she still had her hair naturally pin-straight. I was always so jealous that she never had to deal with taming her hair, and I guess time hadn't changed a thing. She was also wearing a lot of natural makeup that matched her clothing very nicely. She was wearing a green high-cut, long-sleeved dress paired with two-inch strapped nude heels and a matching long tan coat, in contrast to what I was wearing, a white tight-fit long-sleeved off-the-shoulder top with fitted black dress pants, four-inch Christian Louboutin black heels, and a long velvet red coat. She looked great; she looked badass. Just looking at her, I was proud of her, although I looked at her with a confused look on my face because I didn't understand why she was here and why the first thing she would do when she saw me was punch me.

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed at my sister, who looked both angry and ready to burst into tears happily at any second. I regained my balance as I almost fell over entirely, not expecting that at all. Just as I stood up, I was engulfed in the biggest bone-crushing hug I have ever had. I stood there, getting complete mixed feelings about this. I wanted to know precisely why my little sister was here. Why was she involved in the case that concerned a girl that was on the run from demons? How did she hear about it, and why was she looking for her? Did she have any back-up? And if she didn't, why would she hop on a dangerous case like this all on her own? As she pulled away from the hug, she slapped me. I assumed that that moment must have been a very emotional for her.

"What. Is. Your. Problem?!" She startled me by instantly raising her voice at me, although I should have expected it. It was not every day you find out your sister is back from hell. "YOU WERE IN HELL! HELL! AND I WAS HERE KILLING MYSELF TRYING TO GET YOU OUT! And that's not even the worse part! I had to hear from a god damn demon that my sister was alive!" She continued as I looked down in shame. She was right. Although, I still wished I could have kept her out of this nightmare longer than I did. I was going to tell her eventually when all of it died down. But now, it was too late. "How long has it been?!" She asked, but when I didn't answer, she asked again until she got an answer. "How long have you been back?! Gosh, I grieved you. Every. Single. Day. And you couldn't pick up the damn phone and put me out of my misery?!" She yelled as she threw her hands toward me, pushing me to the wall. My back slammed on it, causing pain to ripple through my back. I groaned as I watched as she went on, almost unsure of what to say to her. She looked at me furiously, almost as much as she was happy to see I was alive.