𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞―𝐒𝟓 𝐄𝟏𝟗: 𝐇𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐬

❝︎And it's the fight, the fight of our lives...❞︎

𝟷𝟼𝚃𝙷 𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿―𝙼𝚄𝙽𝙲𝙸𝙴, 𝙸𝙽𝙳𝙸𝙰𝙽𝙰

       "SO, JENNIFER, TELL ME WHY DID you give Lily to my parents if you were perfectly capable of taking care of her yourself?" I asked. I was currently driving through the rain. It was raining hard, and I had difficulty seeing the road. My windshield wipers were quickly moving against the glass, making a loud noise. The radio was off and there was nothing but silence for miles, until I decided to break it by admitting that since I first met Jennifer, I couldn't help but wonder why she would abandon her child. I could see from my front mirror that Lily was glaring at me. I was sure she didn't want to start anything, especially while we were dealing with archangels' apocalypse. She just wanted peace. But it struck me as odd that Jennifer abandoned her child in 1986, disappeared, and died years later. I wanted to know what someone's reason would be for leaving their child. I'm sure Lily was thinking the same thing. She just didn't care enough to address it.

Jennifer sighed in the passenger's seat. So far, we knew she was aware of the supernatural. She was hunter, herself. But as of 1978, the last time the two of us saw Jennifer, she was unaware of the existence of monsters. So, I was curious to know what changed in those eight years. The woman in her early forties turned to look at me, almost as if she was studying me. "Marissa, don't talk about things you know nothing about."

I rolled my eyes at her response. I was the only one who had the courage to ask about it. It appeared that Lily and Jennifer had no issues pretending it didn't happen. But I did. What was a reason good enough to leave your child? I wanted to know what excuse she would give to justify abandoning Lily. "Of course, I don't know, otherwise I wouldn't be asking you." I stated with some attitude.

Before I could get a response from her, Lily's phone rang. She quickly picked it up from where it was laying on the car's door. She brought it to her ear after reading the name and answering the call. "What's up, Sam?"

The five of us pushed passed the entrance doors of the hotel. Dean decided it would be a smart idea to make a stop for the night. I thought the same thing. Fortunately, we were able to find a hotel close by where we were driving. Lounge music played on the speakers as we entered. The hotel looked quite nice considering we were lucky enough to find it. "Whew. Nice digs, for once." Dean commented. He was right though. We rarely stayed in nice hotels.