𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞―𝐒𝟓 𝐄𝟒: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝

❝︎Just say the word...❞︎

𝟸𝟹𝚁𝙳 𝙰𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙻 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿―𝙺𝙰𝙽𝚂𝙰𝚂 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚂𝙾𝚄𝚁𝙸

FOLLOWING OUR MEETING WITH RAPHAEL, DEAN and I were sitting in the Impala for sixteen hours straight. Of course, Dean decided that he would drive the whole way and didn't bother to stop once to switch seats. His devotion to his car was amazing. It reminded me a lot of how much I missed Cherry. I had been the one to offer my car to Sam and Lily when we went our separate ways because I knew Dean couldn't stand to part with his precious Baby. I missed her, but I knew she was more needed to Lily than she was to me. I was more than exhausted after our ride, and I needed to get into bed as soon as possible. I slept a little on the car ride there, Kansas City, but I was mostly preoccupied, keeping Dean company and keeping tabs on Jo.

I was hesitant to keep her updated at first, but the more I opened up with her, she complied as well. She often texted me when she was on a hunt for information, sometimes on behalf of Ellen. Since we parted ways, our friendship grew stronger, and I wasn't exactly sure if that was a positive thing. I knew I wanted her back in my life, but I was afraid of what our association meant for her, more specifically, her life span. My worries were always present, but lately, I have been burying them deep, hoping that would make a difference. Although, in the back of my mind, I still carried around the guilt for being responsible for Pamela's death. I wasn't sure I would be able to survive if anything happened to her.

I dropped my phone onto the bed after she assured me that she was back at her shared hotel room after another successful hunt. I ran a hand through my hair as I sighed in tiredness. I acknowledged the fact that this was the second time Dean bought a hotel room with one bed, and I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or if it was all they had left. I hoped it meant something, but I was too afraid to ask. Maybe I was looking too much into it, but a part of me couldn't help but think he was trying to get me to sleep with him. I turned to look at Dean, who was on the phone with Castiel, looking both equally exhausted yet sexy despite it.