XV. Intertwined and Imprisoned

"𝙾𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚞𝚙𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐."

― 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝙺𝚛𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚜

✮∘.✮∘.✮

The old hunter jeep was moving speedily on the rocky mountain path causing its passengers bouncing up and down like jackhammer

The old hunter jeep was moving speedily on the rocky mountain path causing its passengers bouncing up and down like jackhammer. The hunters on board didn't mind the constant hopping on the seats, in fact their mind was occupied with the hope of defeating Michael so that they could earn their freedom again.

Like them the Nephilim also didn't mind the uncomfortable movement but it wasn't because of the excitement. It was the sadness and doubt that made him question his doings. 

Fayre

Before he saw her walking away, the Nephilim spotted tears in her eyes and now it was her unshed drop of moistures which made him felt like crying his heart out.

From the seat across, Mary was watching Jack carefully. She noticed his restlessness and couldn't help but ask,

"Did something happen Jack?"

Her question made him raise his head and the boy looked miserable. His lips trembled as he said, "I think I hurt Fayre and now she's mad at me"

Though her forehead creased with worry, Mary patiently waited for him to continue.

"She was close to crying because of me. An..and she never stayed mad at me before, even when I broke her favorite mug and the day when–"

"Jack, Jack, calm down", Mary stopped the Nephilim's rambling and said, "Take a deep breath and tell me what exactly happened?"

The boy sighed loudly, "She didn't want me to go after Michael, Fayre thinks we should wait a bit longer before striking and..."

"And?"

"And I didn't want to wait. I wanted to kill Michael as soon as possible and she wasn't happy with it. So I asked her, was she opposing so much because of her injury or not? I just...I just thought she was sad as she couldn't take a part in our plan but this made her angry, she shouted at me and walked away. Her eyes looked very sad, Mary", Jack's voice sounded hoarse mumbling the last sentence.

The female hunter was quiet hearing that, she knew Jack's mind was very innocent without any complexity or so hence he often failed to express his true intension through appropriate words and seemed like today he did it again. So Mary carefully chose her sentences to make the oblivious boy realize his mistake.