XII. Shenanigans at Shelter

"𝚂𝚘, 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚝𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔, 𝚜𝚒𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙸, 𝚝𝚘𝚘, 𝚊𝚖 𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎."

- 𝚁. 𝙰𝚛𝚗𝚘𝚕𝚍

✮∘.✮∘.✮

											 	 Three days ago

Three days ago

"Here, drink this. It'll help with the pain", a woman from the camp handed me a glass of herbal tonic.

The liquid inside didn’t look appetizing at all but I was desperate and it was the least they could offer. So mumbling a thanks I chugged it down with a grateful smile and returned the glass to the lady as my eyes darted back to the allurement of the scene that folding before me.

The chorus of the laughter intensified as Jack put up a new set of shadow puppet adding a lil bit of his magical charm to it and the little kids kept clapping and laughing happily at the allusion, even the adults had big smiles on their face.

A smile stretched my lips too, finally we earned a moment of peace. I was really scared last night when the old man appeared out of nowhere but it turned out Mary was an old friend of him, well apocalypse Mary and my grandmother also knew another version of him from the old pictures Dean showed her. Bobby was generous enough to bring us into his camp so we were safe for now.

I lifted my head to the night sky, the stars were there twinkling like little gemstones the same way they did in our world, only this wasn’t ours and we were in a strange apocalypse world where the remnants of the war were everywhere.

"How's your leg?", Mary asked sitting next to me.

Looking down at my injured ankle, I poked it a little on the side already knowing the answer, "Mostly numb and I don’t think it’s a good sign"

The crease between Mary's brows only deepened at the mention of it, she looked troubled.

"What's wrong?", I asked.

She stared at me, expression full of worry, "We've got a problem, I told Bobby about Jack and he got mad. He thinks Jack is nothing but trouble and now he won’t allow an angel to stay in his camp", she elaborated.

I was confused at the accusation, "Why would he think that? I mean look at him..", my hand gestured to the nephilim, he was surrounded by kids teaching them how to imitate a bird.

Mary sighed, "I know but we can't blame Bobby, humans here don't exactly have a good experience with the angels"

My shoulder slumped, "What we're gonna do now?"

"Jack and I will leave in the morning", she informed.

My eyes popped open, "Jack and you! What about me?"