II. Oblivious to Ominous

“𝙸'𝚍 𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚙𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕'𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝.”

– 𝙽𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙷𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚗

  ✮∘.✮∘.✮

Opening the motel door, Dean gestured me to go in

Opening the motel door, Dean gestured me to go in. I was still skeptical about it. The motel didn’t look appealing from the outside. And from the inside, it was even more beaten down. The walls were dirty and chipped off. At least the bed sheets were clean.

I knew I was being a nuisance but couldn’t help myself. I never took a step in a place like this. My uncle understood my uneasiness. He gave me a apologetic smile which made my cheeks reddened.

I lowered my gaze feeling shameful. They lost their best friend and mother and here I was making a fuss about some dirty room.

I sat on the couch opposite to Jack who's eyes were glued to the small television. A peek at the screen made me smile. He was watching  Scooby-doo. His eyes were full of wonder so I left him alone with his show and went to wash-up.

The first thing I noticed coming out of the bathroom was Dean and Sam's arguing. I sighed. They bickered in the whole drive still it looked far from finished. They really needed a break.

Jack noticed me and waved his hand like he was glad to see me back in front of his eyes. I sat beside him and he said nodding at the duo,

"They seem angry. It's not good. When I get angry, bad things happen"

Then looking back at me he added, "You don't get angry at all. I like you much better". Jack smiled.

I nervously chuckled not knowing how to response.

"Dean said being Lucifer's son makes me dangerous. Is Lucifer really that bad?", he innocently asked.

I flinched at the mention of his father. An image of Lucifer killing Ms. Young came into my mind. I remembered how he looked so simple yet the most wicked.

"He killed my teacher", I honestly replied.

"What!!!", the boys said at the same time. Apparently they heard our conversation.

Sam asked with a concern face,

"Fayre, what are you talking about?"

"Remember when I got kidnapped, it was Ms. Young who took me. But Lucifer met us halfway and killed her", I explained with a gloomy look.

"Your hostel superintendent? Fayre-- why didn’t you tell us before?", Dean said rubbing his forehead.

I lowered my eyes not wanting to talk about it. The incident was still fresh in my mind.