XIV. Arguments and Agony

"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜."

– 𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

✮∘.✮∘.✮

Warnings: mentions of torture and pain at the end of the chapter. Please refrain yourself from reading if you find the subject sensitive.

Present Day

Present Day

Jack and I had known each other for a short time but it never stopped us forming the bond of our friendship. And like any normal friends we had our share of arguments, either it was about the existence of zombies or about some random TV characters, our friendly banter always ended within a few minutes. But unlike other times, our recent disagreement was far more intense and bitter which led us to lose our patience and create misunderstanding in-between.

Michael.

He was the reason of all the recent misfortunes in our life. After defeating the angel army the Nephilim had become obsessed with killing the Archangel. No matter how much Mary or I tried to convince him to wait a little longer, he was having none of it.

"I have to kill him, it's the only way to end this war" he declared with a cold look.

I sighed for the thousand times, taking a deep breath I began to recite the same words I told him before,

"Jack, I know how much you want to help these people, believe me I can understand the urge but killing an Archangel, a powerful one like Michael isn't an easy task like you're assuming", I stopped noticing the hurt look on his face.

"You don't trust my powers...", he slowly murmured, the hurt on his voice was obvious.

"No, no, it's not like that", I prompted, "I believe in you. I never said you can't defeat him but you killed more than half of his army. Do you really think he will just seat around for you to come and kill him? That man is full of tricks. If you go after him without breaking down his game plan, I'm afraid it'll only hurt you in return. So please, don't take decisions in a rush", I pleaded.

For the first time Jack seemed hesitant and was actually considering my words. But it was quick to destroy as his eyes flashed golden and when those illuminated orbs returned back to normal I asked,

"What is it?"

"Michael, he abandoned his base. Only few angels are guarding the perimeter now but there's no one inside"

"Why would he do that?"

"Maybe....maybe he's scared", Jack replied with a hopeful expression.