XIII. Dreams and Deceptions

“𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚢𝚙𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎--𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜. 𝙽𝚘, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕 𝚠𝚎𝚙𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚒𝚍, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚒𝚝.”

– 𝙺𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚎 𝙼𝚌𝙶𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢

   ✮∘.✮∘.✮

													  	1 day before

  1 day before

  somewhere in the real world

Laughter of children filled the park as Dean saw those small figures busied themselves in jumping and running around. A few of them wished to play on the swings too but couldn’t as those seats were currently occupied by Dean himself and his daughter, Fayre.

But unlike the girl, the hunter wasn’t happy. He felt like a giant sitting on the small swing which seemed to be built for a toddler and it didn’t help when he noticed Fayre's short legs lightly touching the ground where his long legs were awkwardly stretched out in front of him. Still a single glance at his daughter's glowing face, Dean couldn’t help but to stay put.

The girl happily sighed looking at the clear sky above, swinging back and forth, "Aghh... it feels so nice"

Wiggling a bit Dean only grumbled, "It feels exactly the opposite"

It earned him some giggles from the girl and the corner of Dean's mouth lifted too.

"Try this...", Fayre suggested as she began to swing faster than before but seeing Dean struggled to even sway an inch, the girl hopped down and went to stand behind her father, she pushed him a little causing to add some momentum on Dean's hanging seat.

"O..o..o, what are you doing?", Dean prompted clutching the chains tight like a kid, it only drove Fayre to push him harder with fits of laughter but this time the hunter was quick enough to prop his legs down stopping the girl from budging him.

She tried to move him a couple of more times but then stopped huffing and pouting a little, "You're heavy"

To give the girl a triumph smile, Dean looked over his shoulder only to find she was nowhere in sight.

"Fay...", he called standing on his feet at instant.

There was no response.

"This isn’t funny, where are you?", Dean yelled, still there was no trace of the girl.