18. Lost In Lament

“You never lose by loving. You
always lose by holding back.

– Barbara De Angelis

★•.★•.★•.

Few droplets of rain fell onto Sam Winchester's face

Few droplets of rain fell onto Sam Winchester's face. Groaning he opened his eyes and blinked couple of times. The parking area was completely dark except for the cafeteria's neon blue light and a lamp post near.

Standing up Sam rubbed the back of his head. It was throbbing painfully. Why was he lying on the ground?

Fayre!

He stood up so quick that his vision blurred for a moment.

"Fayre!!", he shouted.

Nobody answered. He continued calling for the youngest Winchester. "Fay, where are you?"

Still nothing. Seeing the café wasn’t closed, he ran inside and bombarded the waitress with questions. His whole body was shaking with fear.

"Did you see a teenage girl? She's wearing a blue shirt, blonde hair, big eyes"

The poor lady was caught off guard. She could see the tall man's nearly disheveled self with wide eyes. She was alone except for her husband who was inside the staff room. She considered screaming but stopped herself when Sam asked again,

"She's my niece. She's this tall...."

Sam motioned his hand to show the size of his niece which was way smaller than she originally was. Looking Sam's pleading eyes, the woman softened. She gently said,

"I'm sorry. I didn’t see any girl. The only woman I saw the entire day was a brunette and she left hours ago"

Sam's shoulder slumped. Knowing Fayre wasn’t here, he still glanced around. But the café was indeed empty. He felt sick. How could he let this happen? Dean trusted her with him. He let him down. How could he face his brother now?

Getting out of the door, he pull out his phone from his pocket. Rain was pouring heavily now. The flannel he wore was soaking wet within a minute. Searching the contacts, he found Dean's easily. With a big sigh, he touched the call button.

With every ring, his breathing got faster. A rough voice answered,

"Did you get my pie?"

"Dean....."

Just one word and Dean knew something was wrong. He asked,

"Sam, What happened? Are you okay? Where's Fayre?"

"I...um..we stopped a little. Then--"

"Goddammit, Sammy. Tell me!!", Dean yelled.

"Somebody kidnapped Fayre. They hit me in the head. When I woke up she wasn’t here. I searched everywhere but nobody saw her", Sam explained in one breath.