7. Fain And Fragility

" When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us. "

- Alexander Graham Bell

  ★•.★•.★•.

"Fayre Dean Aubriana Stratton"

When I said my name, they were shocked. It was kind of comical to see their faces. But one thing was clear why my mom choose a boy's name for my middle name. Because it was my father's. Yes, my father's.

I never really thought that I would meet my father. When I was with my mom, I never got a chance to ask her about him and when I got older, I found out, the name of my father in my birth certificate was empty. I had literally no way to find something that could connect me with my family. So, now getting a chance to know him felt like a blessing from God himself.

About that what should I call him? Dad, pops, papa, Mr. Winchester? Or he preferred Dean? I wasn’t comfortable calling him by his name. If he let me, I would choose dad. It seemed to fit him perfectly. But I would stick for Mr. Winchester now.

I was lost in my thoughts so didn’t see him smiling like crazy. It was kinda cute.

"You have my name!!!"

I nodded. He then loudly said, "Awesome!!"

"I think we should inform your school that you are safe", Sam suggested.

Oh...I totally forgot about that. We had strict rule for not going outside after allowed hours. I was so in trouble now.

"Yeah, I have to tell them. Otherwise they'll worry", I said.

Dean's expression darkened a little. Did I said something wrong?

"Oh.....yeah, you have to call them", he said in almost a sad tone.

"So, if we go there, will you guys talk to them?.....about you know..?", I asked.

"Fayre I know that you want to come but our life isn’t suitable for you. It’s dangerous. We can't bring you with us", Dean said not really meeting my eyes.

I wanted to argue, wanted to yell, wanted to say many things. But for some strange reason, I couldn’t utter a word. Cause this time I knew, how serious he was. I felt like crying.

Only a minute ago, I was so happy. I never felt like this for a long time but now I didn’t even knew what should I feel.