XI. Wary in Woods

“𝙸 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸’𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛. 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎, 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚝, 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚝. 𝙸’𝚕𝚕 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞.”

- 𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

  ✮∘.✮∘.✮

													 Four days ago

Four days ago

My eyes shot opened as I heard another series of screams and it took me a moment to readjust my vision. The small room was dark and dirty like before and even after forty-eight hours, the chills didn’t lessen by a bit. My frantic heartbeat calm down feeling Mary's hand on mine and I realised it wasn’t a dream, we were still trapped in the apocalypse world.

Jack wasn’t here, the angels took him away after realising what he was half-archangel, half-human, an abomination they said. That word angered me to no end but Mary stopped me before I could open my mouth, she said not to attract their attention because as sour as it sounded, I would fall for their ruse far more easily, unlike Jack or Mary.

She wasn’t wrong there so waiting for the nephilim was the only thing we could do in the past two days.

"Mary..."

"Hmm...?"

"Do you think dad will find us?", I asked knowing we were in a whole different world after all.

Her eyes softened, "Sam and Dean will come for us, they will definitely find a way, they always do. So we have to be strong for them", then looking down at my leg she said, "It's getting worse"

I followed her gaze, my ankle indeed looked swollen. I stumbled onto the floor pretty hard when I was thrown in this world getting the twisted ankle in process. I touched the dark bruises and a sharp pain jolted my body. Thankfully I could still move my leg, at least for now.

"I'm fine", I gave her a small smile.

She was about to say something more but stopped hearing another set of screams, those angels were torturing someone– again. I shut my eyes close hoping it would stop, it didn’t. Only the air became heavy with bloodcurdling terror.

Somehow in the middle, exhaustion and tiredness took over and I fell into sleep. When I woke up, the wooden door of the cell was opening with a loud creak. I looked beside me, Mary was on alert, she quickly grasped my hand tight.

To my surprise it was Jack who was shoved inside with a man following behind. He was wearing a black leather overcoat and as soon as his hard eyes fell on me, I could feel the goosebumps upon my skin. Noticing my reaction, he simply smirked and walked away locking the door again.