Chapter 28

I was once again overwhelmed by all that was Alpha Bax.  No longer was the bond mate dead between us. It seemed genuine revulsion lasted only so long between bonded mates and were back to our basic heated nature. Each of us battling the other for sexual dominance, and as always falling short miserably. 

There can be no supremacy between mated couples.  We were one two halfs of a whole. Straining together to be a singular in everyway.

"When does this ever get old?" I asked him finally after regaining my breath. I turned my head to face him when he remained unusually silent.

He looked exhausted. I conveyed to him a sympathetic murmur.  I had been working him too hard. The poor man needed his rest.

But then he spoke," I don't know.  I think with each couple the bond reacts differently.  Mine had started to wane more swiftly then I realised. "

I gasped out at that. Beyond hurt. That he could say that without even sugar coating it for me was just hurtful.  I knew I was not his true bond mate but I thought we were at least beginning to care for each other.

His groan if frustration was immediate and filled with annoyance.

" Must you really misunderstand everything?  This is getting old pretty quick. I was referring to my past mate, Sheena Atari. I mentioned to you that she and I didn't have much in common but for the bond we shared.  Its not unusual for that to happen for the purpose of the bond is to ensure the future pups are stronger. I was already aware of the dissimilarities between Sheena and myself.  Don't get me wrong she had been a great person and a better Luna, still but we were nothing more than bonded mates. We never really developed genuine feelings between us.  I realise that now."

Alpha Bax turned to lean back over me. I felt his firm length push strong into me and looked up at him in surprise. We had just done it, afterall.

But he seemed to not recall that fact for he begun thrusting ruthlessly once more. As ruthless as before.  Was he always ruthless?  Staring deeply into his darkening gaze I realised that he would be ruthless always.  And like I didn't mind now.  I knew I never would.

I raised my hips with a frantic moan. Just like that I was thrown off the curve into a smashing bliss.

" Especially,  when I already feel so bloody much for you," said Alpha Bax, exhausted and spent over me. I watched the sweat from his exertion drip down the sides of his face and then my vision was blocked altogether for his lips crashed onto mine in a desperate longing that went far beyond physical release.

My own emotions spun out of control and I opened my mouth wider trying to consume him whole. Unexplained tears poured down my cheeks and I realised only a moment later that it was not all my own.