Chapter 13

I was carried in with undue ceremony that had Matthew and Calvin chuckling and my own face flaming a prune shade of red.

" Put me down! " I hissed up at Bax threateningly but his grin only widen.

" Where do I put her?" Asked Alpha Bax looking at anyone but me.

Mother answered," Here take her to her room." She hustled past to lead the way and Bax followed closely at her heels. I refused to look at him. This was way too much high handedness for my liking. A moment later and I was placed gently on my bed. My room was much like me stark and empty.  I didn't enjoy frivolity. The only adornment in the room was my crazy art shit. Splashes of colours and paint that knew no rhyme or reason other than the pleasure I got from producing the works were plastered helter skelter over my one wall.

I have never thought anything of it having done it most of my life. Usually when Cal had me smoking furious about something but there were a splatter of efforts in tranquility too. No one outside of family had ever looked at it and my family were entirely too used to seeing me at it to pass remark  anymore.

So Bax's gasp of surprise and pleasure at seeing my wall of efforts was as shocking ad everything else that has happen thus far.

He laid me down gently on my bed. His eyes never leaving the wall before him. He moved to edge around the bed for a closer look and I gritted my teeth successfully preventing my spew of protest. I didn't want him looking at my work.  It felt personal and intrusive. I wanted him out of there and pronto.

I looked at my mum beseechingly. But she merely smiled at me. An odd proud glint to her eyes. What was happening here?  Why was everyone behaving so wierdly here?

She went to stand beside Alpha Bax staring at my wall with an equally entranced look.

"Its beautiful isn't it? I always make it apoint to stop by in here for a look at least once a day," breathed out my mum a little shakily.

I turned to gape at her. In all my time of living as her child under her roof, never once had she mentioned that.

My grunt of disbelief drew her attention to me.

" You don't believe me?" She queried with a smile. " I think everyone makes it apoint to stop by here more often than not. Especially,  Calvin.  I catch him here staring at your wall almost as often as I find myself gazing at it."

"Wha.. why haven't you mentioned it?" I asked incredulously. This was farting strange.

"I didn't want you to do something stupid like tear it all down," she said simply,  very accurately summarising the volatility of my nature. I wasn't that bad, was I? I stared disgruntledly back at her even knowing as I did that I most certainly was. I grimaced unhappily.

Alpha Bax made a sound of distress drawing my eyes to him. He looked at me with accusing horror. Great! Now he's thinking I would go bat shit crazy and start ripping up my own room.

I groaned and let my head fall back to stare up at my ceiling. I shifted uncomfortably feeling the pinch of pain from my swiftly mending bones.  I was already impatient to get the hell out of here and head for run in the wilds.

There was just so much going on. A jumble that needed sorting and after recent revelations I didn't think lifting the brush to paint was the way to go about it. Somehow, knowing that everyone had drawn pleasure from my splashes of paint on canvas and paper over the years was depressing.  My art represented my inner turmoils and they were never meant to bring pleasure.  My pain was not something to be enjoyed by anyone let alone random strangers. I eyed Alpha Bax's mesmerised look balefully. 

I needed a run.

I sighed in frustration and closed my eyes to sleep.