Chapter 41

"You can't marry the Alpha's sister! "

I didn't know why that was the first thing that came out of my mouth only that it had to be said. Not that I had anything against the Alpha's sister. Cal had only just turned eighteen at an uneventful birthday two days ago. He was still too young to be King let alone go about marrying his Queen.

"I won't have it!"

I knew instantly I won no favours from the Alpha with that statement. No doubt I raised all his misconceptions in interpreting me wrongly but it had to be said.

I turned my steadfast gaze away from Cal to meet the angry visage of the Alpha head on. Yep he had turned all that raw furore on me. Only he didn't reach out to pin me up against the wall. Nor did he release Cal from his hold.

I sighed before saying pointedly, "He's barely old enough to tie his own shoelace let alone get tangled up in the knot of matrimony."

I raised a brow at Calvin's eye roll.

"I can tie my laces. I just don't need to."

I shook my head at him. Sure his reflexes were that good but who goes walking around being an accident waiting to happen? The dude was a walking talking cannon of disaster. Shooting off his mouth before his ass could high tail it outta here. Sure enough he went on to prove my point.
"I know Karalia is the one. The only one for me. The instant I saw her I knew. She was my Queen. "

The growl from the Alpha deepened threateningly at that.

To think Cal was supposed to be the brains of the family. Indeed his genius was supposed to be his redeeming quality. His only redeeming quality. I hated to think it was all a fluke. That underneath it all he was an ordinary mortal. One not only susceptible but prone to the blunders of other mortals. The biggest being the binding blunder of matrimony.

I should know. I am only just beginning to enjoy the pain that came with the binding. A seemingly never ending whirlpool of disaster that just keeps sucking one down for more. It would take a lifetime to unwind out of this one.

Thankfully the extremely pissed off Alpha will do his utmost best to ensure it would be a short lifetime.