Chapter 6

I trotted quietly along side him. Sneaking glances this way and that out of instinct. I knew the tell a tale cat that was my brother was a sneak and a snitch. He was no doubt bound for home and the first ear he came across.

I growled unhappily at the thought of what he was about. This was so not happening. I should have just stayed away. Suddenly I was being carried up. In my turmoil over Calvin. I had completely missed out on what was happening around me.

Was that a..? No freaking way!

I balked and backtracked but to no avail. Cody had me firmly entrenched in the tub with his hands bracketing me on either side. He wanted to bathe me now? It was freaking midnight.

I glared ferociously. Then when that had no result I growled fiercely. But all Cody did was click his tongue and tut tut me in dismay. As if I would be on good behaviour just because he wanted me to.

But then the bucket was filled and I was being doused in warm water. I whimpered in disgust thankful that Calvin had gotten away when he did. I could never have lived this down for sure.

I sat through my bath disgruntled and disheartened and then submitted to his cooing while he blew dried, combed and fluffed my hair. The man sorely needed a pet there was no questions about it.

Then the door opened and I bounded out of the bathroom like crazy only to come to a skiding stop when I encountered the closed bedroom door.

I turned back to him with my best pleading and let me the hell out look but was once again ignored for all my effort. Cody simply smirked at me before turning to pull off his shirt and then drop his pants. Then his briefs followed and I was one panting happy lady.

He flung himself onto his bed and patted the space beside him invitingly. Yelping in excitement I bounded up without hesitation and then circled around looking for the most comfortable spot while trying not to stare to blatantly. I did manage to get in a euphoric snif or two but I stopped myself short from indulging in anything more.

With a soft snort I found my spot and settled in taking his pillow for my own and snuggled down with my nose burried in his scent.

I closed my eyes instantly and was off in the ever green fields chasing delightful little rabbits till the morning sun hit hot and bright on the patch of fur ball that was me.