BK2: Chapter 2

The metalic tinge to the bars burnt at her nostrils sending out a puff of disgust. Sashi involuntarily backed up a bit only to find herself standing flush against a tall, lean and very naked frame. Sashi hid the fiery redness to her cheeks with a scrunched up scowl. It was moments like this that made her happy she couldn't shift.

Most Weres looked at oracles and healers like her as frail and fragile. Simply because they couldn't shift. There were many who themselves felt inferior because of this lacking but not Sashi. She'd never wanted to be a shifter. And couldn't quite get over the awkwardness of prancing around naked as most Weres were wont to do.

Being careful to not look back and to keep her eyes averted from unexpected surprises, Sashi was swift to raise her eyes and keep it raised when Brett deliberately stepped around her in the small confined space they shared to stand right in front of her and demand angrily.

"Look at me when I am talking to you."

The hot headed warriors of their tribe had the hotheadedness trait down pat.  It was clear Brett Alabaster had his in abundance. Still Sashi knew better than to allow her gaze to drift downwards if their own accord. Not only to ogle at the wall of sheer masculinity that blocked her view of all else but also because, liking it or not, Brett Alabaster was one man whose nakedness she sadly didn't mind staring at.

Infact Sashi had to hold her eyes open wider than usual to keep its gaze from willfully traveling on the downward course to take in the pleasureable stature of the most magnificent looking male to ever come across her gaze. She had already in fact peeked out more than an eyefull countless times in the past. There had even been that one time, really only a short duration of six odd months, when she had actually taken to stalking him. Only to catch glimpses of his masculine perfection.

But Brett Alabaster wasn't one to trifle with. He was more than just your average player. He was a heart breaker and a ruthless one at that. He didn't eye the she-bitches of their species with any favorable light. And that was probably the reason why at thirty years of age he was still without his true mate. He was a user. Only interested in getting one thing. In and out of women's underpants.

Only he had no interest in doing even that with Sashi herself. A fact she need do nothing more than merely glance down to confirm. Yet another reason why she kept her gaze fixed determinedly on his. But even the golden hues of his was working against her seemingly in tandom in fates efforts to undermine her own and unravel her sheer lust for his bodily perfection.

And it really was just that one perfection that held her so enthralled not the countless other hidden gems about his character that she so unwittingly uncovered over the years engrossed in her private obsession with his person.

"Look, Brett," she began in as rude a tone as he had administered. Sashi blinked as she did her best to not do what she'd just requested Brett do. "Let's focus on the matter at hand. What we need to do is get the hell out of here and gain an audience with the King and all that too preferably before they string us out to dry. Can Can you think of something that would help along that line? Something that preferably does not involve your burrowing your paws into my throat."

"Hmm... it won't be my paws but it would be your throat." A flash of pearly white canines followed that blatant threath as the corner of his lips lifted up in a wicked grin.

Sashi blinked and then gulped down the sudden thickness to her throat. "Well... perhaps that was too much to ask."

They stared at each other. Sashi rather awkwardly and Brett with a predatory gleam in his eyes, as the conversation pause lengthened.

Thankfully, at least that is how Sashi perceived it, the sound of a throat clearing jerked both their attentions away.

It was rather odd that after all those miles traveled on Brett Alabaster's broad naked back, Sashi still felt entirely awkward in his company. Embarrassingly so. Perhaps having fur and rendered horizontal on a platform of four sturdy legs made all the difference. Still, flashing her heated cherry red cheeks, in greeting their newly accepted King had not been the way she had foreseen their meeting.

Sashi O'Donnell found herself reaching up to pat absently at her fiery cheeks as she found herself gazing at quite possibly the onemsn who could surpass the male splendor that was Brett Alabaster. And the King was still fully clothed besides. She stared back at the amused cat green eyes that held an ember gold center framed by the longest dark lashes. Her gaze drifted down appreciatively, taking in his narrow sharp nose and sensually curved petal soft lips. The man was truly beautiful. And blessed with sun kissed longish locks and a well developed physic that his strange choice of clothing did little to hide. The white wrap-around tunic he had one was of the softest suede leather as was his loose flowing pants, tied low on his hips in yet another form of wrap-around fabric. His clothing held little by the way of stitched seems. And for the shifter that he was it was practical as well as functional and even more than a little exotic. As if he needed yet more reasons to inspire awe.

For that was certainly what he was. King Calvin Bane was awe inspiring to behold.