Chapter 31

Clad in a langhri I felt like a wanton moving naked beneath it. Alpha Bax had gone off on his daily routines and left me feeling quite... useless.

I wasn't having it. I rose from the community breakfast table and strode straight to my rooms with my sister Kate in tow.

I swiftly shrugged out of my langhri and  changed into Sassy the dog.

It was time we showed the Were's what we were made of. Even if that what was simply a fluffy dog called Sassy.

" Are you sure this is a good idea?" Kate looked at me in askance before shifting herself into a bloody poodle of all things. I merely nodded my head. It had to be done and this was the only way how. 

Breakfast had been a sore disaster with weres and shifters divided. It was clear there Weres were not happy with Alpha Bax's choice in mate. Especially so since his deceased ex-mate had been from this pack. Her family, friends and relatives were all here frowning in displeasure over my existing at all.

The Weres had to learn.  I was more than  merely the Alpha's mate. I was a shifter and proud of it too.

With Alpha Bax absent attending his multitude of duties it was left to me to device my own methods of standing my ground amongst the Were's.  The best way I could think of to get it across that I was shifter and proud to be so deal with it..

was for Kate and I to do a parade in our au natural forms.

I trotted forward towards the door pausing to sniff the air sensing danger. What I was about to do was dangerous. I would be alone and unarmed and throwing my own sister,  Kate into the mix of what would undoubtedly be a very unwelcoming company.

Ignoring the hairs raised on my back, I flung my head back and strutted out of the room. Kate shivered beside me. I spared her a reassuring glance I didn't quite feel myself and the off we went on a parade around the grounds... to  take on a world full of Weres.