Chapter 26

I opened my mouth to sprout I was not sure what.  A vomit of disgust or a torrent of abhorrence.

Either option was taken away by Alpha Bax's firm mouth closing over mine. But I no longer craved his touch.  His actions have succeeded in overcoming even the sexual awareness of the mating bond. For the first time I felt nothing but flat and utterly defeated by his lips on my own.

Sensing the difference his growl of discontent was immediately followed by his departure from the great hall with me safely in tow being cradled in his arms as I was.

His lips on mine did not relent despite the best of my attempts to get free. It was only when we were safely in the privacy of what I assumed must be our chambers that his hold relaxed long enough for me to leap Scott free.

"What the fuck!" I exclaimed at him still raw over what I just uncovered.

" Fuck!  Fuck! Fuck!" I muttered shakenly under my breath.  Running my hands through my hair in deep fury and hurt that couldn't be expressed.

" What the fuck, Bax?" I rounded on him ferociously.  His silence of guilt was eating away at me and making my head pound. I felt the delicious meal I had just consumed turn rancid in my mouth. With great effort I swallowed the bile that rose up my throat and faced Alpha Bax determinedly.

" You will explain what I just saw in there and you will explain it now, " I demanded with a ferocity that shocked even me.

But Alpha Bax only sighed. He moved towards his great bed shedding clothing as he went. Not to get horny with me but more to get comfortable in the relating of his tale. 

He moved to sit on the edge. Then after a long considering look at me he patted the spot at his side.

"This is going to be a long story. You might want to get comfortable for the telling, " he said softly.

I pointedly sank to the floor right where I stood.  Knees raised, ankles crossed I braced the weight of my head on arms resting crossed over on my knees.

I quirked a brow up at him expectantly.  With a heavy sigh he complied with my request.

"Like all tales. Its best I start right at the beginning, " he murmured tiredly.

" Please do," I muttered insistently.

And so he begun the telling of his tale.