Chapter 7

I awoke with a jolt. Staring straight into the sleeping profile of the man I have been besotted with most of my life. I whimpered pathetically at finding he was well covered up. I had of course seen his junk plenty of times just like last night. And with my excellent night vision night was as good as pure daylight. But still I wouldn't have been averse to yet another look at what made my man a man.

I took my last sniff at him and turned to bound off the bed eager to be gone before he woke up. There was no way I would be stomaching the gruel he would dish out to me if I had stayed. There was only so much a gal was willing to do for her man.

I expertly stood up on my hind feet and let myself out the door then did the same for every other door I came across and soon was bounding careless and free. It was a great morning. Thankfully still quite early. I knew better but still wished for a miracle that all would still be a bed this morning.

Hopefull thinking at its best.

I walked in on morning breakfast being served to the whole household.

"Look who finally deigned to realise where he home really is," said Calvin loudly... and annoyingly.

"Shut it, Cal," said Raul my hero.

I tossed my furry head back and turned my nose up at Calvin as I moved to strut past.

"What is that freaking smell?" Exclaimed Calvin horrified. I froze knowing exactly what that smell was. I watched his sensitive nose twitch in dawning comprehension he turned on me with utter glee. "Was that a flea bath your honey gave you last night," he said cunningly cornering me. The uncontrolled guffaws that broke accross the table was overwhelmingly embarrassing. I whimpered pathetically and scuttled out of the kitchen as fast as I could. I knew I would be in trouble with mum and dad. All thanks to that cat ass Calvin.

I headed straight for the shower determined to get rid of the stench of the flea bath. I felt as if I had been soaked into pesticides and then some. I changed back instantly into my natural form and begun the vigorous process of scrubbing myself raw.

I donned on a simple cotton frock over my ancient underwear then hurried to grab some decent breakfirst. But as I had anticipated my food was gone. Eaten by a pack of hungry wolves and then a freaky cat.

I gave them all a disgusted look then retreated to make my own meagre fare.

"I have some guests dropping by today. Their not like us. They are weres not shifters," said Raul.

I gulped at the hot coffee scalding my lips. "I thought there was no such things as weres!" I exclaimed adamantly turning to Calvin who was my source for that bit of information. But as I caught the irrepressible twitch to his lips I suddenly knew better. Bloody hell!

I spent my whole life telling that truth to everyone I know and now I find out it was never a truth at all. I must be a laughing stock of the whole shifter community.

I folded my hands before me and sunk my face in it with a groan. Raul smirked at me giving my shoulders what he considered a comforting punch... and I considered just a yeaowww!