Chapter 32

I trotted downstairs with my snout held up high in the air and Kate walking sedately beside me.

The odd assortment of looks shot our way were nothing pleasant.  Ranging from venomous to disgust, I met each and every stare with matching boldness.  These were not my pack no matter what Alpha Bax believed. Everyone here was more than willing to see me six feet under and had no apparent compunctions in putting me there.

I marched on out of the great house and on to the battle grounds were training was in full swing.  The warriors there paused in mid-strike to stare at our parade of two. Of my brothers and the Alpha,  I saw nothing but that didn't worry me. I was sure news of my venture out in my doggie form was spreading around the campus like grass fire.

Soon I had a troupe of angry Weres complete in their intimidating wolf form fall into line on either side of me.

A quick glance to my side told me they were not escorts sent over by the Alpha.  They were very likely family to the late Luna.

I gulp down a bile in my throat and tried not to whimper in rising fear.

My quick glance at Kate told me she fared the same.  I was instantly regretful in putting her in harms way. This was my battle to fight and I would not have my sister suffer for me.

I took two steps forward at a swift pace then spun around to face my angry escorts. Only what faced them was mo longer Sassy the dog but a wolf. A stronger bigger and more powerful wolf then even Alpha Bax.

A wolf that big took up a lot of energy but it had to be done to make my stance once and for all. I knew I couldn't sustain it for long so trotting forward in much the same pace as before I made my way back to the house with Kate in tow.

Only this time the looks sent my way was a mixture of fear and awe.