🐰 Cuddles and Affection | Mary x Michiko

Well, this chapter is well overdue. I'm sorry that I so late but school has really been piling up. School has only started for one month and we're already having our first test TwT I'll try and finish up most of the requests. I wanna thank most of you for giving me request! I'm always delighted when someone comments on my chapters! Now onto the story~

Michiko used to be an amazing dancer. When she danced in a red kimino, she looked like a red butterfly flapping its wings. But now, no one has the courage to watch her perform. 

Summary: Royalty. So regal and perfect. Who knew, they had such an adorable side?

Ship: Mary x Michiko

Type: Fluff

Length: Short

AU: /

Skin: /

Word Count: 1091

Special note: Requested by: @Maquwua ^^ Thank you for your request! I hope this was somewhat satisfactory <3

~~~~

3rd Person POV:
The queen. The easiest piece to take from the checkerboard. The easiest to eliminate.

Those words were engraved in the ex-queen's mind, they swirled and burned in front of her eyes. It was impossible to forget them, they seemed to carve deeper in her mind by the second. It drove the ex-queen to mistrust everyone, with a fear that everyone would one day betray her, backstab her. She was no long the young, carefree and naive queen people once took her for. She was a hardened and empty shell.

~~~~

When the queen first arrived at the manor, everyone was wary. Her cold and stiff posture warned others away, a hidden shield just seemed to formed around her, blocking out everyone. Her rigid face, void of emotion wasn't inviting for people to strike up a conversation with her. She struck everyone as a cold but regal person, something far away. Most people agreed with this. Except for one person. Michiko.

That Geisha's gentle but bright and enthusiastic attitude slowly broke through the queen's cold demeanour. Yet, the queen was determined to play hard to get, refusing to cave in so easily.

Mary's POV:

"Mary!"

Michiko. Her name flashed in my mind, like something annoying but so endurable at the same time. I felt a scowl and a smile war on my face as I turn around again, facing that smiling and beautiful face. I put on the same cold and expressionless facade, she didn't seem to mind as she grabbed my hand.

"Let's go to the garden? It's nice there, especially on a bright and sunny day."

"I-I...I don't want to go."

"Please? For me?"

I'll admit, her pleading eyes were hard to resist but with practise, I had gotten use to fighting down my empathy.

"I...I'm sor-I have other plans. I have to go."

I pulled my arm away from her warm grasp and turned down the hallway, my red dress flowing behind me. The word 'sorry' still felt foreign on my tongue as I hurried down the twisting corridors. My dress flew out behind me, wind seeped through my strands of pure white hair.

I arrived at the front of my room, my name carved fancily on the name tag on the door. Strangely, the sense of comfort I usually had in my room was gone. It just felt cold, I didn't feel the comfort of home here...

~~~~

After our encounter where I had pushed Michiko away, she never came to bother me again. She even kept her distance, her gaze sometimes lingering longingly on me, only when she thought I wasn't looking. I told myself I had no care for this, she was merely someone trying to gain my trust. A mistake never to be repeated.

Day after day, I felt myself missing a piece. Well, it was like a part of me was slowly ebbing away and I had only a faint idea why.

As the days passed, I...strangely felt myself...missing her. By her, I mean Michiko. That bright and enthusiastic yet gentle and calming Japanese dancer.

I stood up from my dressing table and just walked off. My legs guiding me themselves, I had no idea where I was going but I didn't care either.

~~~~

Without even knowing it, I had arrived at the garden where Michiko has first brought me. I felt myself gently touch a rose that I had left on the bench, it was from Michiko... My fingers wrapped around the wilting rose gently, hands grazing on the sharp thorns while another stroked the red and velvety petals.

A lump formed in my throat as I gazed out at the horizon, the sun setting in a slow and casual manner, everything felt right but so wrong.

Unbeknownst to me, there was a Geisha, crouched behind a bush, observing my every move, silently grinning and blushing.

All my thoughts I had been having in the past few weeks just seemed to leave me when I looked up at the setting sun. The glowing orange and red, warring on the sun, merging together, fading beautifully. They were just like my emotions, all warring together for the past few weeks, all because of her.

Now, those emotions have faded and merged into one. Love.

"I love you Michiko! You big idiot!"

I let out the voice which has been building up inside of me for...well...forever. The need to get it out was just too big for me.

"I love you too my queen."

I gasped and turned around, my hands instinctively reaching up to cover my mouth in shock.

"Michiko? You were here all along?"

I can't believe I literally just confessed without even knowing it!

"Yes. I was here all along dear."

Michiko tackles me into a bear hug, squeezing me tight. It was as though she never wanted to let me go, a feeling which I could get accustomed to.

I looked down and saw glistening tears streaked on her cheeks. I felt my heart beat faster and worry fill up inside of me.

"Don't cry Michi!"

"You are such an idiot..."

I felt a grin slowly snake on my face as Michiko cuddled up more against me, her warmth contrasting to me icy and pale skin. I could definetly get used to all these cuddles and affection.

So, did you all enjoy the chapter? I know I know, I have quite some requests to go through! I'm trying my best to go through most of them at the quickest pace I can. Here are some of the requests I'm about to go through, feel free to add more if you have anything in particular or remind me if I left yours out :(