🐰 Mary x Joseph | Play Date

In Joseph's eyes, every photo is a mark in time. 

Summary: She's just a play date... Or is she?

Ship: Mary x Joseph

Type: Fluff

Length: Short

AU: /

Skin: /

Word Count: 1349

~~~~

Mary's POV: Flashback

"Mary! Come down! Joseph is here, he's also with Claude."

"Oh, it's you guys."

"What, aren't you happy to see us?"

"W-Whatever." My face was bright red, from embarrassment? Well...partly. We arrived at our big garden and I quickly was put to a playful modd.

"Tag! Joseph is IT!"

"Hey!"

I took of just as Claude and Joseph regained their senses, Claude took off as well. The whole afternoon was just a blur of excitement and games.

Everything was perfect.

Or so I thought.

Our relationship crashed when Claude suddenly left us. It knocked both of us sideways and you took the blow pretty hard. You started to isolate yourself, you started to ignore everyone. Even me.

At that time, I was very confused with my emotions. Every time I was with you, I felt my heart beating faster and faster, my face flushes and I just wanted to always be with you. I knew I had a crush on you...

But you were trapped, you were imprisoned in your own mind. Your brotherly-love for Claude drove you almost mad, you just stayed in your room, indulged with your 'art'.

You had become more and more distant, you had grown cold and never shared anything. Our play dates started to stop, soon, you stopped talking to me at all.

I couldn't take it anymore so I went to you.

"Joseph!"

"Leave me alone."

"B-But-"

"Stop coming to me. I don't need you to care for me. Leave me alone."

Those words...they broke my heart. Those words were like knives, inflicting every single scar slowly, carving deeply.

"Fine! It's not like I give a fuck about you at all! Whoever said I give a shit about you! You never share your toys or communicate! I guess I'm just a play date to you."

And with that, I stormed off.

Oh how I regret saying that. Your walking figure froze for a second, stiff and still. I couldn't see your face but I knew how you must've felt. You continued to walk off, without a word, without a goodbye. That killed me.

It has been years now, precisely, 8 years, I think you must've taken over the mansion already. I hope you still live happily, or as happy as you can possibly be. I'm going to start my job as a maid tomorrow, how did I become so poor that I have to become a maid? Well...I should save that for another day.

~~~~

I closed my diary shut as I lay down on my bed, completely unaware of the tears that now stain my face. My hazel eyes slowly shut, no before I got a vivid flash of Joseph's face.