🐰 My Princess | Helena x Mary

Requested by: @ren-ryuki 

Although Helena lost her vision due to a disease, she can still perceive the outside world through hearing. In this game, she firmly grasps her cane, seeking a way to victory. 

Summary: A royalty deserves the best, right?

Ship: Helena x Mary

Type: Fluff

Length: Short

AU: /

Skin: /

Word Count: 764

~~~~

Mary's POV:

It was a peaceful afternoon, one of the first few weeks in spring. I sat in the shade of a tree, casually sipping on my tea as I stared out into the beautiful garden, perfectly maintained by Emma. The arrival of Spring was clearly shown in the garden, the bushes which were blown brittle and cold by the winter wind was now luscious with healthy green leaves, all kinds of flowers bloomed in their finest. The whole garden was a bloom of bright cherry colours that could brighten anyone's mood. I even noticed some butterflies swooping around, dancing under the warm rays of the sunshine. Smiling to myself, I closed my eyes and relaxed under the warm feeling, feeling at peace. Finally, some rest, no matches, no drama, just peace.

The peace was suddenly broken by a soft giggle, then a chuckle, finally breaking into a full on laugh. Disturbed, I looked on over the see who it was, ready to give them the scolding of a lifetime for interrupting a Queen's peaceful afternoon.

With a huff of annoyance, I picked up my soft red dress before looking behind me, expecting to see Violetta or Vera, playing a prank. Instead, I was met by an adorable sight.

Helena was standing there, smiling brightly, butterflies flew around her, some perching on her soft pink hair, some resting on her cane while some curiously flitted around her. She didn't seem at all faxed by the butterflies, actually, she was more than happy, she was delighted that the butterflies landed on her. Under the bright rays of sunshine, Helena looked like a true princess, pure and innocent. She looked so carefree, without a worry. I couldn't help but stare.

"O-Oh! Mary! I didn't see you there, I wasn't interrupting you was I?"

The sudden voice of Helena startled me out of my trace as a pink hue dusted my cheeks. I adverted my eyes from her before carefully replying, "N-No."

"Oh! Okay, why don't you come over and join me? The warm sunshine is really relaxing. You should enjoy it!"

Once again, I looked back over at Helena who was beckoning at me shyly, her soft smile still evident on her face. It just made the pink hues darken on my face, she looked truly stunning.

"You wouldn't mind?"

"Of course not! I always like to hang out with you!"

Giving Helena a smile of my own, I slowly walked over to join her. She patted a spot on the green grass beside her before pointing at some bushes.

"Could...Could you tell me what colours those flowers are?"

Her request took me by surprise as I looked on over to where Helena was pointing. A single red rose grew in the middle of the bush, a clear spot of red in a sea of green. A small idea came to my mind as I grinned.

"Sure, let me go and get it."

Shuffling to my feet, I carefully picked the rose before walking back over the Helena, smiling softly, I gently twined the rose into her hair. (Let's pretend roses don't have thorns shall we? Or at least this particular rose doesn't)

"W-What's that?"

Her hands instinctively shot up to curiously feel the rose, a soft red slowly rising on her cheeks.

"A red rose for my beautiful princess."

Helena seemed shocked by my compliment before a big grin spread on her face. With the purest smile you can ever imagine, she leaned up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you Mary! I really appreciate it!"

My heart was racing as I reached up to touch the spot where Helena had placed her kiss, a smile dancing on my lips.

"No problem, now let me show you more flowers, my princess."

Here you go! I hope you liked the fluff, honestly I think it is horrible but I've been so out of practise lately :( I hope you like it nonetheless. Once again, please, give me suggestions or anything you like to read, I'll try my best to meet your needs, no matter how strange it is. Once again, thank you and see you nest chapter!