🖤 Yellow Roses | Joseph x Aesop

In Joseph's eyes, every photo is a mark in time. 

Summary: I wish yellow roses never existed. 

Ship: Joseph x Aesop

Type: Angst

Length: Short

AU: /

Skin: /

Word Count: 696

~~~~

Aesop POV:
I stared at the yellow roses in the vase, your very last gift.

You had given it to me on our last anniversary, we didn't know it was going to be our last. We actually thought it was our first. The manor had let everyone out and that was our first anniversary together, out in the world. It was supposed to be joyful, we were supposed to be happy.

You had whipped out that bouquet of roses from behind your back and told me, "These represent my love for you Aesop. As long as the yellow roses never wilt, I will never stop loving you."

I was doubtful at first, even the prettiest rose will soon wilt, did you mean you were going to stop loving me soon?

It turned out that the yellow roses were made out of plastic, they looked very real though.

You promised to love me forever.

Other than the roses, I remember how you always used to shower me with affection. From time to time, you would come home and suddenly give me a gift. Whether it was a small bouquet of roses or a box of chocolate, you never failed to make my day.

You promised to stay with me forever.

We used to always go out on dates every weekend. A walk under the starry sky. A picnic by the countryside. A midnight stroll by the beach. A dip in the pond or river. I cherished all those moments.

If only I could've have told you sooner.

You were still very passionate about photography, you took pictures of anyone and anything. I find it adorable how you would just scrunch up your nose and peer intently at your camera, determined to capture a perfect shot. Sometimes, you would frown at the slightest imperfection of your picture but instantly brighten up when I offered something new. You were eager to try anything.

The memory I love absolutely the most is how you would always give me a semi-realistic yellow rose at the end of our every date. You claimed it was to remind me how you would always love me internally.

Those roses were truly beautiful. I just wished they weren't used to decorate your coffin.

There wasn't a day where I wished we hadn't gotten into that argument. There wasn't a day where I didn't regret my last words to you. There wasn't a day where I didn't hate myself for my actions towards you. I love you. I just wished I had said those words to you before you took your last breath.

I wished I had never screamed 'I hate you' at you. I wished we had never gotten so angry at that small problem. I wished I wasn't so hot-headed and so stubborn yet I am. I caused your death.

I had never hated my job with the dead yet now I wished with every cell in my body that this wasn't real. That I wasn't staring at your face, how it was eerily still yet still so calm and beautiful. That I wasn't holding the same makeup box that was used to help beautify dead people yet I was. I was.

I gently placed the last yellow rose you had given to me, the day right before tragedy struck, I slipped it into your smooth white hair. You looked as peaceful as ever, I just wished you would wake up.

I wished we hadn't fought over that yellow rose.

Dunno why they were fighting over a yellow rose tbh. Oh well. I'm sad so angst :) sorry for no updates. School. School is such a pain in the butt. I swear. Anyways, we are so close to 1k reads!!!!!! I'm so glad you guys have been supporting this book!!! I wanna thank you all so much!!!!!!! <3 anyways, I'll see you guys next chapter!

Author out!