enjolras; worth the wait

Today's the day Y/n L/n leaves for London. She was always receiving letters from her vile cousins saying that they needed her assistance and presence in the castle. Y/n knew what they meant by "assistance and presence" and was not too pleased with her decision. But she knew that it was what her mother would have done, and Y/n pledged to be like her mother.

She looks up at the ship and sadly smiles. She was going to miss the boys so much.

Little Gavroche, who always managed to make her smile.

Joly, who had taught her so many things.

Flirtatious Courfeyrac, who always made her feel better about herself.

Combferre, who was always a gentleman towards her.

Jehan, who she became book buddies with.

Bahorel, her shoulder to cry on.

Feuilly, who always provided her with whatever she needed.

Bossuet, the best hugger.

Marius, who always brought her a flower to brighten up her day.

Grantaire, her drinking buddy.

Finally, Enjolras. The man who she always had time to tease, the man who would always come off as cold but sweet and caring to only her. The man who she had fallen in love with, but ran out of time.

Earlier that morning, she had bid the boys farewell before her journey to London.

-

"I'm going to miss you all so much!" Y/n says sorrowfully as she releases a hug from Bossuet.

Gavroche runs up to her and hugs her waist.

"Why do you have to go? Please stay!" He cries into her dress. She pouts a lip and bends down to look Gavroche in the eye.

"I would stay if I could. Believe me. But, I must go and I will miss you very much." She pulls him into a hug and whispers in his ear "I will miss you the most."

"Hurtful!"

"Hey!"

"I heard that!"

Y/n laughs and kisses Gavroche's forehead.

Grantaire whines and runs up to her like how Gavroche did and hugs her tightly.

"I can't believe you're leaving me!"

She laughs and returns the hug.

"I can't believe it either! I am losing my drinking buddy!"

"OH NO, THE PAIN! YOU'VE KILLED ME- NOW YOU HAVE TO STAY!"

She playfully rolls her eyes and pulls away from the hug and cups his cheek. He smiles weakly and leans into her touch.

"I will never forget you. I will never forget any of you."

They all smile and huddle in for a group hug.

"Hey, um, where's Enjolras?" Y/n asks, noticing the absence of a red jacket.

"He had an important class to go to..." Courfeyrac trails off as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Oh... well, it's no bother. Just tell him I wish him well and I will miss him."

Courfeyrac nods and pulls her into a hug.

"AFTER ALL THIS TIME I NEVER GOT TO BANG YOU!" He dramatically cries. She lightly smacks his back before laughing and pulling him closer, careful not to ruin the daisy Marius had given you.