enjolras; i'll steal you

AU: This is based off of the song Johanna from Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

Enjolras POV:

Mother and father once again praising the king for his awful decisions. I can't help but feel trapped in this lifestyle that I am so lucky to be living in. I look out the large window of the dining room to see people dying from starvation, or dehydration or both. It's sickening. And yet here we are eating a brand new meal, when there was plenty leftover from last night's dinner and speaking fondly of the government. My parents are so small minded, mother especially. She's constantly telling me of the fine women of this town, but I know better. I know that they are just as small minded as her, maybe even smaller. I needed to get out of the wretched place I called home.

"I'm going for a walk." Mother and father just nod and go back to speaking about the king. I roll my eyes and take my red coat off the back of my chair. I take a loaf of bread from the center of the table and head out into the town.

The sun was beginning to set, turning the sky a beautiful mixture of purple and pink. I gave away the last of the bread and sit down on a nearby bench. I watched the sky and it's glorious formation until I heard a voice singing. The voice was high-pitched and wonderful sounding. I turned my head to the voice to see a girl sewing, she was just as beautiful as her voice. She wore a white dress with little floral patterns and in her hands a needle and thread. Her hair was halfway pinned up and the sunset reflected off of her hair and skin gorgeously.

Her singing came to an end as she placed her sewing materials down on her lap. She leaned her head against the window frame she sat at and placed her hand on the window, tracing patterns along the lines of the window. She looked glum and unhappy, almost as if she was trapped, like myself.

"Enjolras!" I turned my head from the beauty to see my good friend Courfeyrac coming towards me. "Salut mon ami." I nod my head and turn my head to the girl again. Knowing my friend and his situation with the women of France I asked him

"Courfeyrac, tell me about that Mademoiselle." My eyes never leaving her. He chuckles.

"Bloody hell! The first time you fall in love is with a girl you cannot have." I look at him confusedly.

"That" he points to her "my friend is y/n, Javert's daughter. He's kept her locked up all day and everyday since she was a babe, so I hear."

I was right.

"Combferre says that a year ago, he had thrown her her yarn ball that had fallen out of the window and got beaten to the bone by Javert himself." I raise my eyebrows and turn back to the girl.

"I'm going to free her." He laughs. "Alright enj, one thing at a time. France first, then the girl. Baby steps." He pats my back and begins to leave.

"Thanks for the support mon ami." I say sarcastically, my eyes stuck on the girl watching the sunset complete. I hear him chuckling and his footsteps fading away.

Y/n's eyes soon shift down to the beggars on the streets and she frowns. Her gaze soon meets mine. I could feel my heart warm and stomach flutter. She was magnificent. She smiles at me until her head rapidly turns around, fear written on her face. She turns back to me and subtly waves goodbye. Her father must have come home, I thought. I watched her window and the stars that reflected off of it. Her beauty and grace flashing back into my mind.

"I feel you, y/n.

I feel you, I was half convinced I'd waken,
satisfied enough to dream you happily i was mistaken.

Y/n

I'll steal you, y/n

I'll steal you

Do they think that walls can hide you?

Even now I'm at your window.

I am in the dark beside you, buried sweetly in your pretty hair.

I feel you, y/n.

And one day, I'll steal you.

Til I'm with you and I'm with you there buried sweetly in your pretty hair."

I smile and head home to plan a way to free my future wife.