Let's have a rant shall we?

Author's note: Before y'all start reading this, let's get some things straight, shall we?

First of all, I wrote this rant book when I was fifteen, angsty and salty. Fast forward five or so years, and I am now twenty, still angsty, and salty, but not as cringy as I was when I was fifteen. Now, I know I'm not on Wattpad anymore cos a girl's gotta pay her bills and work hard to get her PhD, but I still sometimes scroll through the comments and damn people, some of y'all need to stop getting your panties in a twist. 

When reading this rant book, think of it as a lil bumpy journey through the mind of a loud mouth (sometimes ignorant and annoying) fifteen-year-old. Some things are going to offensive, and some things I wrote are going to be way out of line. But that's what my fifteen-year-old self had to give the world in some twisted sort of bouquet. 

Not gonna lie; I have thought about deleting this rant book lots of times, but fuck it. It's here to stay. I like chilling with some popcorn and choc-chip cookies after work and uni so I can cringe and low key die over the stupid shit I wrote. 

TLDR: Stop getting your fros and weaves in a twist. Enjoy the bumpy ride and let my shitty rants wash all over y'all like water, because my fifteen-year-old self was entertaining AF. 

Cheers,

Vicky

12/04/17

Let's have a rant shall we?

I'm on long holidays right now, after an intense year of my second last year of high school.

I could be out in the sun, chilling with my book and imagination, eating everything in the fridge, or doing something stupid; but decided to take time to help some writers on wattpad, creating front covers for them, reviewing their stories and promoting my work.

Let's talk about front covers first.

I spend my time, during my holidays searching the internet, ignoring my writing and The Vampire Diaries, and staying up late at night to help with their covers. I create these marvellous works of art and feel so jealous because I think "Damn gurl! Why didn't you use this for your own book?" I literally sit in front of my laptop and create their covers. It's simple. You fan and dedicate a chapter to me if you use my covers. It's not that hard. So imagine how hurt and cheated I feel when after all my hard work, the author just takes my work and doesn't either fan or dedicate. They just take my front covers, walk away and use them and I get no credit. Even worse, I make them a cover and they tell me, "I previously asked someone else to make it for me." And I'm like "excuse me. If you already had someone making your flipping covers for you, why the hell did you ask me to make you a cover? I too have a life and I'm taking time off to help you and doing that is so damn disrespectful."

Or how about when they ask me to make front covers and I finish it, message them and tag them in the post telling them it's done, and they never reply.

And they're on Wattpad chatting away to their mates on their message boards.

Yeah. Another waste of my time.

Or how about the time I made a brilliant front cover for someone and they said, "I love it so much!" three minutes later I got the message, "On a second thought, I DON'T like it anymore. Make me another one."

Please. I'm not your maid.

All this bull stuff honestly sucks and ruins my day. I just wish I could strangle those people through my laptop. It's not cool. Honestly not frigging cool. I wish I could just take my covers from them and walk away with it after blasting them with my machine gun.

Let's talk about share your story threads. I run threads almost every day and it's pretty simple. I'll comment on yours if you comment on my one page story. Literally it's not that much to read! And I give long comments and try to help. It seems I attract the people who spam my wall and never ever do their end of the deal. Take for instance *names have been removed because they read this and have hopefully learnt their lesson.* They spam all my threads asking to read their work and they don't do their end of the deal. I send them really nice messages and say "look here man, comment on mine and I'll comment on yours. Simple. You only have one page to read" and then they put their frigging stories on my thread over and over again. Blowing out their brains seems like a good idea to me.

Or how about those, who DON'T do their end of the deal?!!!

People, come on! Use your common sense. When I run a thread, I have a sheet of paper where I write down the names of people who comment on my thread and who do their end of the deal. Once I see they've done their end of the deal, I go to their work and do my own part of the deal before crossing them off the list. In that way, I make sure EVERYONE who commented on my thread and did the right thing, gets their comment.

I do have people, who run a thread and forget to do their own deal, and I kindly remind them and they apologise and instantly get onto it. And guess what? It's cool.

But there are some writers who just casually seem to ignore me when I nicely remind them they forgot to do their end of the deal.

Touché.

It's just downright annoying and frustrating.

To those who actually comply with my rules, thanks, and to those who do the right thing, thank you too. Thanks so much. You all restore my hope in humanity. But to you who take advantage of my help and don't do your own part, let's just say we'll not be working together in the future.

I'm done.

I'm going to eat a cookie now.

Had any experiences like these... Comment.