Diamond Sunglasses

One day last week, I was scrolling around Wattpad, procrastinating about school work, with my diamond glasses on, when I stumbled onto the werewolf category. I browsed a few before finding one that looked promising. After reading the blurb, I looked down at the comments section and gasped! People were complaining about how the author was stealing another author’s idea. The author’s werewolf pack was called the “Starlight pack” or whatever, I really don’t remember, and another author’s werewolf pack’s name was also Starlight.

Seeing that I wasn’t going to do maths anytime soon, I decided to do a little bit of detective work *Nancy Drew Moment* and kept on stumbling onto different werewolf stories with authors and their fans alike, complaining about how their ideas kept being stolen.

*NEWSFLASH*

The whole mating bullshit was never your original idea. The concept of a girl being abused by the members in her pack and then running away and coming back for revenge was not your original idea. The fat girl being dumped by her mate and then coming back to the pack looking like Megan Fox was never your original idea, so shut up!

The way you write is influenced by the books, movies and stuff you’ve seen or read. Deal with it. Nothing is ever “original.” People have tried and written about the stuff you’re writing about, years before you, so don’t you start complaining about how your idea was so goddamn original.

It’s not.

Thirdly, if everyone in the fucking werewolf world, stopped writing bullshit about abused mates, fat girls and what not, and came up with their own frigging ideas, we would not have this problem. Just saying, I’m pretty sure the “Starlight Pack” has already been used in a novel you’ve never read before so don’t start going agro about it.

If people put twists in their fucking plots, we would not have the bitching taking place in the comments section, which totally makes people look like total morons saying, “You basically copied blah blah blah’s book, because their so similar.”

NEWSFLASH!!

Ninety five of the fucking books in the werewolf cateogory are similar! Frigging hell! Get over yourself. Unless people start coming up with great ideas to put in the werewolf cateogory, or until you can come up with a better plotline all together, shut up and stop complaining about how someone stole your favourite author’s cliché story, or how someone has stolen your work.

Rant over.

A/N: Thanks to everyone who voted and commented, and a massive HELLO to my new fans. I just checked my email today and I’m blown away by the responses I received from all of you. I’m during my study break now and I shall try my best to respond to you all asap, because exams are coming up in two weeks... AAAH!!! Just in response to some questions, I make my covers myself using Photoscape. However, over the weekend, I stumbled across Pixlr, which is absolutely amazing, and I’m using it now :)

But yeah, thank you for all your support and I love you all.

Xoxo